Should I buy one?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max

Should I buy Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV?
With 1.8 tonnes to lug around and a 2.0-litre engine doing the range extension, it remains to be seen how economical the Outlander will be under combustion power. We’d expect no better than 35mpg. For high-mileage UK buyers, the cheaper 2.2-litre ‘Clean Diesel’ will be the more economical car in the real world, and probably the better bet even after CO2 taxes are considered.

Nevertheless, for those whom it suits – who do as many short-range trips as anything, can charge at home, and who want a 4x4 that’ll count for less on their monthly company car tax bill - the PHEV should really appeal. Rated to tow 1.6 tonnes and entirely suited to family life, it brings everyday, any-occasion usability to the low-emission market. And that’s very welcome indeed.
Read more in Outlander PHEV forum.

You know I am trying to determine that too- Should I buy a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV? If you don't mind me asking, what are your favorite features?

If you are regularly driving high speed on the highway, and long distances, then maybe the extra weight of the plug-in hybrid Outlander isn't worth it over the diesel.

However, if you regularly take short trips, or if you have stop and go traffic, then the Outlander PHEV will be your best bet - that's where hybrid technology excels.

Back