Android App and vehicle software update

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisMiller

Last night I got an update for the Android operating system on my phone (Nexus 6), which may have been a coincidence and shortly afterwards I was offered an update for the PHEV app. I applied the update and was informed that I also needed to update the car's software. I followed the instructions on the phone and it all went swimmingly (pressing close/open on the fob 5 times while in ACC mode etc. just like setting the phone up). Has anyone else had this? The phone app says it version 1.4.0 (I think, but am relying on memory, it used to be 1.3.8).

Is there any noticeable difference? I'm still running on an ancient version - since before it was updated to give options of pre-heating times over 10 minutes. When the next one was released, a couple of people apparently had issues updating the car's firmware which necessitated a trip to the main dealer and I decided that the benefits of upgrading were too small to justify the risk.

I'm still on 1.3.7

I noticed the update but the "What's New" only says the following:

1. Fixes issue that Timer Charge does not work

As I've not had any problem with this I didn't bother updating.

Perhaps I'm missing things from 1.3.8 or 1.3.9 though??

Hi

I also got an iPhone IOS app update along with the Vehicle Software update. (I've done the App but not the Vehicle update yet).

What I'm unclear about is what changes with the Vehicle SW update. They have previously released IOS App updates which did NOT come with a Vehicle update. The last two App updates were to fix stability issues and also as a previous poster has said, it improved the Preheating timings.

Anyone know what happens exactly with the Vehicle SW update? Also, I'm not really sure how the Vehicle SW update works, since the car is not actually connected to the Internet, while the Phone clearly is.

Thanks
mark

Memeny said:
Anyone know what happens exactly with the Vehicle SW update? Also, I'm not really sure how the Vehicle SW update works, since the car is not actually connected to the Internet, while the Phone clearly is.
Exactly .... , mwah. The SW needed to update the car must be contained within / have been downloaded together with the app. The app pushes it to the car during the update. Must be, as when the update takes place the phone is also not connected to the internat (normally).

I got my car new last Friday. Connected the app on my iphone6 to the car, no problem, and have used to set heating on daily timer.
Got the software update message yesterday and did the update today, which took around 6 minutes and worked fine. No hesitation near 100% download which some have mentioned.
I was careful not to let the phone sleep during the transfer.

My Andriod app says it is now 1.4.0
I'm sure it used to say 1.3.soemthing, I dont' remember that updating.

A couple of days ago it said there was an update for the car, but I said "do it later"

I did it this morning.
It was a bit worrying when it got to around 70% ish and my phone received an email and then the app said it couldn't see the car any more.
It must have got to the bit where the bit in the car did the reboot, because the phone was twitching for what felt like ages looking for the Car Wifi.
then it came back it jumped straight to 99% then finished.

so what is different in this newer version?

Is anybody running Android Marshmallow? There are a number of reviews on the Play store saying that the app won't connect using a Nexus 6P and I wondered if this update might address that??

I'd resigned myself to using an old phone as a remote for the car, especially since Mitsubishi have ignored my queries on Twitter. It's not the end of the world but it would be nice if the app worked on my main phone :roll:

I've also attempted to install this new version (in the car) and I really can't tell what state it is in.

The installation proceeded to the 50% stage, and then reported that the update failed.

I've tried a couple of times, and received the same error.

However, the app thinks that the car is now running the same version as the app.

:(

Andy

I've just updated: the vehicle software is now 0.01F.0.2.0.000. The remote control version is now A.1.4.0.

There was nothing to indicate how the new vehicle version improves on the old and so far I don't notice anything different. Anyone know what's changed?

Hi - I have a 2016 PHEV and set up the remote on Ipad and all went well. Just to put it onto my Blackberry Classic and it will not connect to the
car and then the Ipad said there was an update which appear to go through. Has anyone got a Blackberry Classic to work?

Did mine today - Nexus 7 tablet with Android 6.0.1 (whatever that is). No problems, but can't see any difference either. Also use an Alcatel One touch C1, running "Jelly Bean" (what idiot thought these up?) that also works OK.

Fred said:
Hi - I have a 2016 PHEV and set up the remote on Ipad and all went well. Just to put it onto my Blackberry Classic and it will not connect to the
car and then the Ipad said there was an update which appear to go through. Has anyone got a Blackberry Classic to work?

I tried a few times with my BlackBerry Passport (same OS as the Classic) and could not connect. I don't think the Android player on BB10 OS has whatever the PHEV app needs to make the connection.

AndyInOz said:
I've also attempted to install this new version (in the car) and I really can't tell what state it is in.

The installation proceeded to the 50% stage, and then reported that the update failed.

I've tried a couple of times, and received the same error.

However, the app thinks that the car is now running the same version as the app.

:(

Andy

Sorry to drag up an old thread. Hmm, me too on the 50% stage, I need to check in the car menu somehow if the update occurred and the failed message is a erroneous message. My only desire to update it is in the MMCS I have 3 pages of presets in DAB, when I toggle between one page and the other it retains the labels of the 1st i.e. the label says Hip Hop FM and it's actually Classic FM!

I found that the toggle needs a really short tap. If you inadvertently make it what the vehicle considers a long push it will "save" the setting instead of changing it.

It's going back a while, but, if I recall correctly, the problem was with my tablet connecting to the home wifi half-way through the update.

I'm reasonably sure that I fixed the problem by "forgetting" the home wifi settings and re-running the process.

AndyInOz said:
It's going back a while, but, if I recall correctly, the problem was with my tablet connecting to the home wifi half-way through the update.

I'm reasonably sure that I fixed the problem by "forgetting" the home wifi settings and re-running the process.

Ah, Andy you star. That worked in so far as I had a go when I was in town (i.e. away from my wifi) and it completed. The software did bugger all as far as I can tell! :)

Back