Missing SD card for sat nav 2014 model

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faste

Hi
Just bought a 2014 gxhs phev with missing SD card for sat nav 2014 model, can anyone tell the model number or make of the SD card i need to get. And where to get one? Thanks

HI, yes i did thanks but quoted £500! Noticed some online for about £100 but just wondered if someone that has one already could tell me the model or serial number in the sd card. Thanks

faste said:
Hi
Just bought a 2014 gxhs phev with missing SD card for sat nav 2014 model, can anyone tell the model number or make of the SD card i need to get. And where to get one? Thanks

Surely your first port of call is to go back to whoever sold you the car and ask them to either provide the SD card or cover the cost of a new one ?

Thanks, yes did so but they do not have it hence trying to get a replacement but unsure which to buy so if anyone would be so kind as to pop there on out if they have a minute and tell me the name or model number on it, that would be very helpful. Thanks

You only need a sd card if you are upgrading what is already on the satnav. I don't have a sd for my car either. Why do you need a sd?

Upgrades arrive by CD and you have to transfer it onto a sd then load it into the car. I think you can also download upgrades from the satnav supplier but I've forgotten the site name.

Thanks. Mine is saying no SD card when i press for sat nav. I have a back up disk that i found in the car for the sat nav, can i just put this on an SD and put it in? If so what type of SD or size do i need? thanks

You're probably all right with a 4 or 8 Gb SDHC card, provided the software is auto-install. However, the contents of the CD will be rather out of date, something like 2012. It is wiser to have your dealer install an update, although this will not be free.

The UK manual doesn't cover transferring map info from a disc onto the SD card (I expect the dealers know how to do this). But if all the data is on a CD, it can't be more than 1GB in size, and even if it's a DVD, that's only 4GB. Since you can get an 8GB SD card for £3, I shouldn't worry too much. The only problem is that the formatting may not be as straightforward as simply 'copying' from the CD onto the card, but for a few ££, I'd just give it a try and see what happens :)

Transffered the Loading.kwi file from the back up disc to the sd card. Put it in the slot but says map card not recognised. Any ideas?

Looked at a link on the thread for tyres and found this
https://shop.mitsubishi-motors.nl/product/accessoires/navigatie-update-voor-mmcs-met-sd-kaart#!/product-handleiding
Might be useful for you.

thanks will take a look as Im stumped just now and not going to pay them £500 for a new one just for sat nav!

Do you know someone local with an Outlander that could remove their SD Card, copy the contents and paste onto your SD Card? Alternatively you could go to a dealers to look at some Outlanders and nick one whilst they are not looking (and obviously return it when you have copied it :? )

faste said:
Transffered the Loading.kwi file from the back up disc to the sd card. Put it in the slot but says map card not recognised. Any ideas?
Was there any reason that you used your back-up?
If the reason is that you had trouble with the installed navigation system, the software in the car might be corrupted. Your dealer should be able to help you out.
The update offer is for the Dutch market, so I'm not sure whether you can make use of it, as it has to be installed by a dealer.

Might be a bit late giving you this info. but the card in mine is an SDHC class 4 16GB.

Hi I am getting second hand gx4h next week with missing sd card for sat nav, I am wondering if simple copying SD card from another Outlander will work or is not that simple.
Thank you

Have you had a read here...

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/update_navi/eu.html

Hiya If you look to top left of Display screen Above folder button should be Very small ref number like E11 E12.or W!3 and others
Provided Sd card states its compatible your ok
Have updated mine twice with Sd card purchased from Satnavishop No problems at all very simple to install

Regards Xanadu

Back