ECU or software update to 2017

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

realfrank

I was just looking at the new specs on the 2017 PHEV. The notable change from last year is MPG up to 166 from 157 (2016), and the CO2 at 41gm from 46(2016) It must just be a software update rather than an engine retool. I have a 2016 hs, and would love to benefit from the new ecu changes. Anybody know if this is possible?
Also has anybody ever seen more than 23 miles on a full charge?

I occasionally see 31 or 32 miles range on a full charge. Usually achieve more like 24 or 25 miles in reality - especially in the cold (although with the ICE cutting in it's hard to be sure).

As the improvements are mostly due to hardware development, i.e. reduction of internal engine friction and increased efficiency of the electric motors, a firmware update would not make much difference.

Do you know what hardware changes were made to the 2017 model that differ from the 2016 model?

2016 HS Ruby Black
White leather

realfrank said:
I was just looking at the new specs on the 2017 PHEV. The notable change from last year is MPG up to 166 from 157 (2016), and the CO2 at 41gm from 46(2016) It must just be a software update rather than an engine retool. I have a 2016 hs, and would love to benefit from the new ecu changes. Anybody know if this is possible?
Also has anybody ever seen more than 23 miles on a full charge?
Regularly get 33miles on a charge, although that does drop to the mid to high 20s on very cold days. 2016

Hi
Any ECU change that altered the mpg and Co2 figures would render the car "illegal" as the figures used for registration and taxation would have been changed. Changes such as these can't be made after registration.

I got my first 32 a couple of weeks ago. It's partly a quirk of the journey I do to my part time work. I travel 16 miles each way, and on the way out, the battery loses 11 to 12 miles. I'd not noticed it before, but there's a very gradual descent. On the way back home, the energy consumption is proportionately higher, of course, so the ICE usually cuts in about three miles from home. If time allows, I can charge up while working, and thus have a complete EV round trip. My 32 displayed during one of these half full charges.

PS I've just got my Fuelly badge, having done my second petrol fill-up. Not a bad start!

Back