Different Modes of Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kent

Here is something that might interest the readers of Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV forum.

EV Mode

In this mode, the vehicle uses electricity only from the battery, allowing the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV to achieve its highest efficiency. As you might expect this mode uses only the motors and battery for propulsion, and this mode can be used to silently enter or leave neighborhoods late at night, or during early morning hours to avoid sleep disturbance.

Series Hybrid Mode

As series hybrids sometimes do, the gas engine generates electricity to power the vehicles 60 kW motors when the battery’s SOC (state of charge) is low. In this mode the gas engine charges the battery pack, with the electric motors still doing a bulk of the work. There is also a Battery Charge Mode in which the gas engine generates electricity to charge the battery. This is similar to how the Chevy Volt works when the battery is depleted.

Parallel Hybrid Mode

This mode is activated when the vehicle attains high speeds to provide the vehicle with additional power. In this mode, the gasoline engine provides most of the power, and the electric motors assist it when going uphill. This is the least efficient, but most powerful mode, allowing the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV an unparalleled amount of vehicular versatility.

The MSRP is ¥3,324,000–¥4,297,000 (US$38,972–$50,380) in Japan, including consumption tax. But is anyone in America really willing to spend that kind of money (or likely even more) on a Mitsubishi?

Wow! Three different modes! I guess Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV has the most driving options among the plug in cars, am I right?

loyd said:
Wow! Three different modes! I guess Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV has the most driving options among the plug in cars, am I right?
yes even I was surprised. That is why I shared the news with Outlander PHEV forum. I dont know for sure but i dont think there is a PHEV with more modes.

It is impressive that the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV has three different modes to optimize a multitude of different driving situations.

Back