charging cable

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordy

I bought a charging cable for 13 amp plug for 2015 model but when I plug in lead lights up but no charge in car ! any ideas ? its a cable from ev connectors ??

fordy said:
I bought a charging cable for 13 amp plug for 2015 model but when I plug in lead lights up but no charge in car ! any ideas ? its a cable from ev connectors ??
I bought my Type 2 cable from EV connectors and have had no problem with it - have you contacted them?

Yes I've been in contact with them and they have offered a refund it's a shame because the mitsubishi one is £350 dearer

Do you know anyone else nearby who also has a PHEV so you can try the lead on that car.
Silly question but the socket on the car was fully inserted? I showed my wife how to connect up the car. The following day it had not been charged as the connector had not been fully inserted. Souldern have checked the dash and listened for the relays making contact.

I have had to replace both a 13amp and 16amp cables on my GX3+ model 16 in the past year. They are obviously very prone to failure.
However as Dusz says are you getting the double connection sound from within the cab and is the the control unit showing two greens?
Big John
gx3+
Orient Red named "Sparky"

Back