reversing sensor bleeper

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunandelly

OK,I give up. I have a 2016 gx4h and cant get the reversing sensor warning bleepers to work. Barring using the sonar button any other clues?

shaunandelly said:
OK,I give up. I have a 2016 gx4h and cant get the reversing sensor warning bleepers to work. Barring using the sonar button any other clues?
Pretty sure you get either a reversing camera (4h) or sensors (3h/3h+), unless you have the 4hs in which case you get both...
EDIT: although some people have fitted after-market ones of course...

jdsx said:
shaunandelly said:
Pretty sure you get either a reversing camera (4h) or sensors (3h/3h+), unless you have the 4hs in which case you get both...
EDIT: although some people have fitted after-market ones of course...

Certainly true of a late 2014 GX4h - the reversing camera came as standard, but no sensors.

2016 4HS only camera. 5HS both camera and reversing sensors. Initially if used to sensors one has to be careful as I reversed assuming sound will come on conditioned reflex. There was a gentle dent which I got repaired. Now I am used to the camera but in rain and if droplets hanging on the lens it no good. I miss the sensors. Car is on PCP so not bothered of getting one fitted.

Kesto said:
2016 4HS only camera. 5HS both camera and reversing sensors. Initially if used to sensors one has to be careful as I reversed assuming sound will come on conditioned reflex. There was a gentle dent which I got repaired. Now I am used to the camera but in rain and if droplets hanging on the lens it no good. I miss the sensors. Car is on PCP so not bothered of getting one fitted.

Not quite correct - 2016 4H & 5H have rear camera only. 2016 4HS & 5HS have camera and front & rear sensors (part of the safety pack for unintended acceleration).

Pre-facelift model was different - camera as standard and i think only rears were an option (fronts were an option and had only 2 sensors, so were deemed by many as pointless).

If yours are not standard fit, then they might have been fitted as an option, and wired differently? The button usually exists to turn them on and off - they are usually on as standard.

Back