Mitsu finally fixes Wi-Fi security hole?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richi

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/notice20171106/:
Improvement regarding third party's access to the Mitsubishi Remote Control on the Outlander PHEV
November 6, 2017
Improvement regarding third party's access to the Mitsubishi Remote Control on the Outlander PHEV is now ready.
Please contact your nearest Mitsubishi Dealer for the detail.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused to our customers.

I just came onto to the board to see if there had a been a fix for this issue and noticed your post. Has anyone contacted their dealer and found out what the fix is?

Misty said:
I just came onto to the board to see if there had a been a fix for this issue and noticed your post. Has anyone contacted their dealer and found out what the fix is?

Just had mine done today along with the safety recall and service.

Once done, you need the PHEV I app, dealer will give you a new ?14 digit security code.

Glenn

hungrymackem said:
Misty said:

Just had mine done today along with the safety recall and service.

Once done, you need the PHEV I app, dealer will give you a new ?14 digit security code.

Glenn
I don't suppose that version of the app is any better than Remote Control 2? Way past time they were updated.

I don't suppose that version of the app is any better than Remote Control 2? Way past time they were updated.[/quote]

No - no different to the original :? :?

I asked my local dealer to sort this out when my Outlander went in for a service last week, only to be told that there was a problem with the "fix" and so they had been told to stop doing it!

It's completely ridiculous that it has taken Mitsu this long to sort this out :roll:

jamerg said:
I asked my local dealer to sort this out when my Outlander went in for a service last week, only to be told that there was a problem with the "fix" and so they had been told to stop doing it!

It's completely ridiculous that it has taken Mitsu this long to sort this out :roll:

I had the same situation. apparently the fix doesn't work or causes failure of a module on some older PHEV's, wifi module I think so my dealer has the part on order for mine.... long delays.

Also the safety recall software is on stop, they can just fit new spark plugs for now.

I had the "security fix" done in late November at the same time as the recall mods, however the Remote App didn't work after it at all.

At the 3yr service today the dealer said that a new ECU part is now required to fix the issue, and it's on back order and will be fitted some time in March.

Cheers

Neil

Back