Chargemaster installation

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony07

Hi, I am collecting my first Phev, a used GS4hs on Monday, and have been looking at getting a home charge point. Chargemaster seem to be offering a deal to owners of used Phev's, namely £199 for a tethered 3kw chargepoint. I don't do a huge amount of miles so, hopefully, most of my mileage will be electric powered.

Is this a good deal, or are there better deals for me?

Thanks and regards,

Tony

Probably a good deal by today's standards. Ours was completely free, but that was more than three years ago when it was still highly subsidised.

Charge master should be offering you a free upgrade to a 7KW model, if they don't look at Rolec, there's is 7.2KW for the same price.

I had a 7kw Chargemaster unit fitted in July this year. The higher power is not a benefit for the Outlander but does future proof for subsequent EVs. However, when mine was fitted the baseline 3kw unit did not communicate energy usage to the Chargemaster website whereas the 7kw unit does. I find this a particularly useful feature.

In my case the installation by Chargemaster was hassle free and very professional.

Thanks for the info, I will give Chargemaster a call and see what they say about the upgrade.

regards,

Tony

anthony07 said:
Thanks for the info, I will give Chargemaster a call and see what they say about the upgrade.

regards,

Tony

Any news ? I'm considering the same as I've just picked my car up.

Steve

Back