USB for music

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCT36

Awaiting my new 2018 4h without the CD player or SD card -so not impressed that the MMCS has been taken off

is there a USB connector in the car to load music onto the system without storing on the phone

There should be 2. I use one for music and the 2nd for the AndroidAuto tether to the phone when I use it. Make sure you format the thumb drive as a 'fat 32' device. It works well, and the menu system lets one find specific albums or songs, repeat, and shuffle.

USB works okay, but it doesn’t seem to support playlists. I’m finding there are a lot more options if you plug in an iPod instead, so I’m using an old iPod Nano.

generaltso said:
USB works okay, but it doesn’t seem to support playlists. I’m finding there are a lot more options if you plug in an iPod instead, so I’m using an old iPod Nano.

Hi generaltso,
could you pls. post a picture what additional options you're getting?
Harald

SCT36 said:
Awaiting my new 2018 4h without the CD player or SD card -so not impressed that the MMCS has been taken off

is there a USB connector in the car to load music onto the system without storing on the phone

As others have commented, between the seats, in the storage 'box'.

I've found the USB far easier to use, in terms of simply loading files onto it in directories/folders, far better than the SD card.

I bought a 32GB Sandisk USB drive, one of those which is little larger than the plug. I just place the files (MP3, M4A etc) in directories. The MMCS will display a directory 'tree' which you can navigate using the controls on the MMCS.

The only 'issue' is speed, not in terms of playback but initial reading of 'disk' contents etc. and when moving around/changing directories. It is far from unworkable, just a little irritating.

I prefer using a preloaded media device to my phone or iPod (which always work fine, either Bluetooth or wired) simply because it is one less thing to forget and leave in the car etc.

Having said that, the MMCS isn't the most impressive aspect of the PHEV. The Sat Nav in particular could be improved dramatically- it is way, way, inferior to the TomTom portable units I use in other vehicles.

Regards
Brian

Brian,

thanks but the new car doesn't have the MMCS so the USB or I pod may be the answer

Neil

You can copy the itunes playlist straight over to a usb stick.
I use isyncer to keep the same order as within itunes onto the usb.

rennie said:
You can copy the itunes playlist straight over to a usb stick.
I use isyncer to keep the same order as within itunes onto the usb.

What year is your PHEV? The playlist option seems to be gone from USB in the new "mitsubishi smartphone link display audio" head unit. It's still there for iPod play.

generaltso said:
What year is your PHEV? The playlist option seems to be gone from USB in the new "mitsubishi smartphone link display audio" head unit. It's still there for iPod play.

2015 model 3h+ [latest shape] without the large navigation screen. The music track playing - displays text on the radio screen part.
Like I said I just copy itunes onto the usb which goes in the glovebox.

Edit: sorry ,I see you have the nav display - is there a media button to press? That should do it I would have thought.

Hi Guys, just getting myself familiar with my "new" Outlander PHEV (2017MY Exceed) relacing my 2006 Toyota non-Plugin Hybrid Prius.

I'm finding the 2 USB ports in the dingy console a bit of a limiter. Does anyone know if you can get additional USB ports installed? Unfortunately, the Outlander doesn't seem to support USB hubs for the more sophisticated applications (like music or smartphone connectivity).

Thanks in advance for any ideas. Lx

Back