Can MMCS be upgraded to CarPlay?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smbunn

I hate the stock MMCS media system. Has to be one of the worst features of the car and so difficult to work your way around. Plus of course the HERE maps system is unworkable. Here in New Zealand I live in Auckland. If I want to search for a street address I need to know if it is in Auckland central, Auckland West, Auckland University, Auckland Airport, Auckland South.... in fact there are 11 choices and I have often had to go through almost the entire 11 to find the street.

So I want CarPlay. Good apps and great maps. Does anyone know if Mitsubishi will offer a software upgrade to dump MMCS and overwrite with CarPlay?

I think the newer PHEV models that use CarPlay have a different unit, I doubt that it can be changed in software. There are third party units available that utilise CarPlay - if you search the forum you should be able to find owners who've made the switch, but I've no idea how simple/difficult it is to achieve.

Back