Towing a caravan

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevDay

What is the maximum weight I can tow a caravan?
I have a brand new PHEV 5hs

any info. Greatly appreciated

You need to let us know where you are, as it depends on the country you are in. In the Netherlands (and in the UK as well, IIRC), it is 1500 kg. In the US, Canada and Australia I believe it is about half of that. But people from those countries should be able to let you know.

In Canada they are limited to 1500 lb or 680 kg.
This did not impeach me to build a hitch capable of towing 3,500 lb. I tried to place a photo on this forum, but the bites allowance blocked the transmission.

What, so he's so busy updating his feacesbook page he can't be bothered reading the manual but thinks every other numpty around the world should try to figure out where he is and find the answer for him.

Get a life!

I towed a Bailey Pageant Series 6 (Burgundy) 2010 back from France this year.

560 miles, managed to keep a decent 55 - 60 mph for most of the journey but fuel consumption was worse than I used to get with my D3 :( @ 14.9 mpg. Lost count of how many visits to the petrol pump :lol:

Wont be doing that again anytime soon :mrgreen:

I popped into the local Mitsubishi dealer and asked the towing weight of the PHEV, the reply only 1400kg, looked in the brochure it says 1500kg reply but we only recommend 1400kg, our caravans 1454kg, reply 1400kg and walked off?

Will the new 2.4 model tow our 1454kg caravan/

1400 kg or 1500 kg is not going to make any difference in case of a caravan.

The PHEV can easily tow 3000 kg. Some people have. As long as it is short distance / low speed. But when it comes to caravanning, you are likely talking about longer distances / higher speeds. In these circumstances, it is not going to be weight, but frontal surface (shape and size) that makes the difference.

Andrev said:
In Canada they are limited to 1500 lb or 680 kg.
This did not impeach me to build a hitch capable of towing 3,500 lb. I tried to place a photo on this forum, but the bites allowance blocked the transmission.
It is not THAT difficult to resize a photo..

Back