2019 Outlander PHEV revealed

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EchoVictor

The 2019 model is promising a 15% increase in battery capacity (pushing it to 13.8kWh) and a 10% increase in battery output. Also, the electric motor is receiving a 10% increase in output, but as the battery is being upgraded at the same time, it suggests that drivers will not have to sacrifice range despite the additional power available.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mitsub...shi-outlander-phev-revealed-with-tech-upgrade

Interesting, although disappointing (to me).

I hoped that the next iteration would have significantly better EV range. I don't see 15% as near enough to compete with the range increases that pure EV vehicles seem to be achieving or to justify trading in for a new one.

I'm more than happy with the power available on the current models and would rather have seen the increased efficiency simply translated into longer EV range.

Looks like the fuel economy on ic power may be better than current models but from this report not enough to steer me away from possible pure EV towards another PHEV (and I really like my 2 1/4 year old one!).

If all I was interested in was fuel efficiency I would have kept my Skoda Superb 1.6L diesel - it really was superb and averaged not a lot less mpg than the PHEV, damn sight more room in it too!

Jim B

yeah, disappointed especially where there is a lot more cars coming out with a much longer better/longer battery range. Having the heater (for warm and steamy windows) in winter really kills the battery to a miserable 17/18 miles.

Back