IOS Maps not working when wifi connected to car

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwschimek

Hi,

I just purchased a new PHEV and looked through the Forum and couldn't find an answer. When my iPhone is wirelessly connected to the car and connected with Apple Carplay, my Map app won't load. As soon as I turn off the wireless, the Map will load using cell data. Has anyone figured out a way to stay connected via wireless while use the apps? Thanks

The car doesn't like any other connection when the wifi to the phone app connection is live. The app is very clunky that way. It won't connect if your phone is already connected to the car via bluetooth either. Poor design in my opinion. I also really dislike how it ties up the phone wifi connection even after closing the app.

The app is very clunky and difficult to use. Also Apple will not allow 3rd party access to their system, so when using Apple Carplay the only satnav you can use is Apple's own - which is not a generally acclaimed Satnav. Other manufacturers have not been happy with this and Ford's latest in-car system has been co-engineered with Apple. This means you can load something like Waze on your iPhone and use this instead. I don't know if Mitsubishi have taken any steps along this path. I hope so for the sake of good customer relations

Back