TPMS

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidjones24

I checked my tyre pressures and the front was 45psi and according to the manual it should be 35psi so I have set it to 35 psi and now thes tyre pressure monitor alarm is on and I can't reset it does anyone have any ideas . One other thing the car drives much better with 35 psi in front tyres .

45 does make the car quite bouncy. However, 35 in my experience is slightly low, making the car a bit soggy. optimum is 38/39 @ 20ºC on all wheels.

Reset of the TPMS is through the "multi-information display" (the mini-screen in front of the steering wheel), toggled by a button on the lower right of the dash. Keep toggling (through the seemingly endless menus) until you get to TPMS Reset, and then hold the button pressed for at least 3 seconds. The 'gotcha' (which caught me out the first time I had to do this) is that the warning continues flashing after the reset - you have to drive a few miles/kms for the car to 'learn' the new settings and then the warning light should go out.

It doesn't actually say "TPMS RESET", it has the word RESET preceded by the TPMS warning symbol (a tyre cross-section with an exclamation mark inside it). It's explained in sections 6 & 7 of the User Manual - do you have access to one?

I had the same problem. I dropped the pressures as I felt the tyres were over inflated. Obviously didn't account sufficiently for the air/tyre temp and when the mornings have got colder the pressure in one dropped below 30psi. I believe this is the trigger point for the Low Inflation alarm (just my guess based on other tyre pressures at circa 32psi).

Once I re-inflated all tyres to 40psi (as now warm due to driving) the system re calibrated itself after around 1/2 mile. For clarity the alarm did still come on at first but then reset while I was driving without me having to touch any settings.

I only mention this because I too found it a bit tricky finding the reset and didn't have time to get the manual out on my way to work!

Rich.

Back