Power Reset - Loss of Power

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZPHEV12

This morning as I was driving into work my 2018 PHEV loss power, the engine was still running but the electrical dashboard and center console display went black with a lowed pop. a few seconds later everything came back on. I did not have any loss of driving functionality during this outage. It almost seemed like it was a power outage. Has anyone else had this issue?

I had the same issue last night on a 2017 Juro model. I think only the center console went blank, I did not notice any other display dimming.

I had my phone connected using Android Auto so I wasn't sure if that had crashed and caused the reset. The pop sound was similar to headphones being disconnected.

I've had the car one month and this is the first time it has happened. I checked the connection to the phone and all seemed fine. The system restarted and carried on as before. I am hoping it is a one off (fingers crossed!!).

Rich

Shock....was my experience last night, after three and a half years of trouble free motoring it happened to me.

Was driving up a hill doing about 50mph, put my foot on the accelerator and then...….nothing the car started to slow down and came to a stop.

I wasn't sure what was going on...range indicator was showing 11mls electric remaining and combined of 48mls.
Sat there for about 30 seconds then pressed the charge button, the engine fired up, put into drive and drove off.

Its been OK today but im very worried about a long drive I have to do on Tuesday, I consider myself lucky as the road was clear when it happened.

Have there been any recalls regarding this???

If the everything looked normal otherwise, you may have pushed the drive lever into neutral inadvertently. It happened to me a few times.

I have a 2017 Juro and have had the same problem 6 times in 2 years. Each time there is a loud pop, the whole dash and the lights go out. It lasts about 5seconds and automatically comes back on. I’ve had my dealer investigate it 3 times, they can’t find a fault or any fault codes. They say they’ve done as much as they can so I’m trying to contact customer support and my lease company.
Has anyone found out what the problem is? Did you get yours fixed?

Rowmonkey said:
I have a 2017 Juro and have had the same problem 6 times in 2 years. Each time there is a loud pop, the whole dash and the lights go out. It lasts about 5seconds and automatically comes back on. I’ve had my dealer investigate it 3 times, they can’t find a fault or any fault codes. They say they’ve done as much as they can so I’m trying to contact customer support and my lease company.
Has anyone found out what the problem is? Did you get yours fixed?
Similar issue in mine, but I think only info screen and audio goes off. Haven't done anything about it as it's easier to just live with it.

Back