Would you recommend Outlander PHEV?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlanderfan

As I wrote before, I am trying to decide to buy a car. So as members of the Outlander PHEV forum, you must know a lot about Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. So would you recommend the car?

I would definitely recommend Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and so would the others in the Outlander PHEV forum. Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV offers a lot in reasonable price.

Can I recommend it? LOL... No one here has driven the vehicle yet; All we have heard reviews about, are pre-production test vehicles, so... I have to say, "no idea yet!"

It looks good to me, on paper, except for (IMHO), the lack of a resistive heater, which forces occupants to run the ICE if you want heat in the cabin.

Also, as with any PHEV, recommendations would depend totally on your driving needs, your commute, etc. Here are some factors to consider:
*Daily commute length
*How often do you exceed your daily commute length?
*When you go on longer trips, how far d you go?
*How many passengers do you carry?
*How much storage space (with seats in place) do you need?
*Do you live in a cold climate?
*Can you plug in at work?
*What level of charging can you do at home? And, how much would it cost for other kinds of charging at home?

I am sure others here can chime in with other variables to consider...

I, myself, have a Plug-in Prius (PiP), and while I like it very much, it is not going to save me money (compared to a regular hybrid), unless I drive it for about 7-10 years. That being said, it is currently the right choice for me for a few reasons: I have a short 7.5 mile daily commute. I can plug in at work. I also make a regular trip, every couple weeks, that is a couple hundred miles (where I get 50+ MPG on the regular hybrid system). Also, I need every inch of the 20.6 cu ft of storage space in the PiP.

oops, one more important factor... hills! If you drive in hilly areas, versus flat, it affects your electric range greatly.

I think it is safe to say that if Mitsubishi delivers on what they promised then the Outlander can definitely be put on my 2013 list of must buy cars, so it a car that I would recommend to you.

But in my book the most important thing when buying a car, especially a SUV, is your situation. For instance if you are single and have a daily commute that is over 30 miles then hell no, but if you have a big family and live in a big city then sure.

To be honest I wouldn't really recommend the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. This is solely based on the fact that i Think that in the next few years the PHEV and especially EV market is going to explode with brand new cars, technologies and most importantly sweet offers and price drops.

So my recommendation would be to wait a few and grab a far better offer from Tesla or Mitsubishi or some other EV carmaker.

Back