Tesla 40A + Jdapter

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wmac

Anyone using a Tesla charge cable + JDapter J1772 converter? I’m buying an Outlander PHEV for my wife and want to have the option for her to charge with my Tesla charge cable at 32A between trips during the day and use the standard 12A charger for overnight charging.

Wmac said:
Anyone using a Tesla charge cable + JDapter J1772 converter? I’m buying an Outlander PHEV for my wife and want to have the option for her to charge with my Tesla charge cable at 32A between trips during the day and use the standard 12A charger for overnight charging.

The PHEV will only charge at 16 amps even if plugged into a 32 amp charger so there would be little gain. The only way to charge it quicker is using the Chademo rapid port. This requires ' electronic communication' so is beyond a simple adaptor to a regular charger.

There are a number of places (Luton Airport for one) where you can charge the car for free if you have a Tesla adaptor - also parking nearest the terminal at Luton :D

Back