Safety Recall UK

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uptodat

I've just had my notice for recall of my 14 plate PHEV in respect of our old friends the parking brake caliper shaft boots. I have had both sides replaced in the past, a year apart, but the notice says they need looking at again regardless. I'm surprised that the recall has taken so long since, as discussed in other threads, there was one in Japan way back. Last time the dealer couldn't tell me if I was getting a modified replacement, so I'm happy for it to be checked & hopefully sorted long term.

I have not read about this recall but have recently noticed a rattling sound from the rear of the Phev when going over bumps in the road.
Sounds like the rear brake pads rattling.
Had this sound when the front brake caliper sliders seized on a Hyundai last year.

I'll take a close look this weekend & see if the handbrake works effectively.. ;)

SAFETY RECALL BULLETIN SR−18−002
PARKING BRAKE CORROSION − SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/22994/RCRIT-18V070-8039.pdf

Had my letter today for a recall re: Parking brake mechanism....water may penetrate the parking brake caliper shaft boots.... need to book it with the dealer...

Are you another PHEV and Disco owner?

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/22994/RCRIT-18V070-8039.pdf

Just received the parking brake safety recall letter, but thanks to this forum, I have already got the car booked into my local dealer. :D
There's an ECU relay to be replaced too!! ;)

Had mine done by Rawlinsons @ Bury St Edmunds.

I found out about the recall via the DVLA when I was checking the MOT date - not had anything from Mitusbishi UK. Rang the dealer and they advised there were 3 recalls on my vehicle.

1. Door locks - all door locks replaced due to possible malfunction causing the door to open whilst moving :eek:

2. ECU relay - possible fault with electrical energy spike causing ECU / traction motor malfunction.

3. Parking brake - all linkages and boots replaced to prevent possible seizure problems (either seizing whilst off leading to no parking b rake being applied OR seizing whilst on meaning no means of releasing the brake)

Total time allocated was 5 1/2 hours which @ over £112 per hour plus parts means a pretty expensive day for Mitsi.

Plus - got a free wash and valet to boot - happy days :lol: :lol:

Back