2014 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV goes on sale in Indonesia

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loyd

Good news for Indonesians. Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is going to be launched there this year.
http://www.thecardriving.com/read/3802/2014-mitsubishi-outlander-phev-goes-on-sale-in-indonesia-this-year/

“We will sell the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, because this product is different and special. Mitsubishi will be the first PHEV marketers in Indonesia. I can not say when exactly the Outlander PHEV will be sold, because demand in many countries is on the rise. We expect the fastest this year”, said Rizwan Alamsjah (Executive Marketing Director at PT Krama Yudha Tiga Berlian Motors, Distributor for Mitsubishi in Indonesia). - from the same link as the article above.

So they are taking it there to be the first PHEV in the country? The article also said they are only offering the old version of the Outlander as a PHEV - "However, they will only offer the PHEV models without offering the new Outlander, according to a recent report."

I guess the article was written in a different language and translated as I am very confused about what they actually mean!

The more I read about Mitsubishi Outlander the more it is clear to me that it is definitely going to be a commercial success in every way. the reason is the sheer lack of competition in the field that the Outlander is marketing.

And the market in demand of a family car that is also a eco-friendly PHEV must be huge nowadays, with all the global warming guilt we are all collectively being washed with. I can't really see how it can flop, if the promises of the car maker are delivered.

Back