I just wanted to say...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaneb

I've had my 2014 PHEV which now has 66000 miles on the clock since April last year. I had a TDV8 Range Rover before it.
My commute is 5 miles but I live on top of a Welsh mountain so I only use 2 miles worth of battery one way but 8 the other.
I do approx 200 miles/wk which used to cost me £280/ month in diesel but now costs me £30/month in electricity. I can't remember exactly when I last put petrol in it but I do know I've only filled up 3 times since I got the car and they were all due to having to make long journeys.
Although the PHEV is nowhere near as capable off-road or as luxurious as the Range Rover was I'm finding it versatile, ruggedly built, reliable and of course due to 95% of my journeys being within EV range, ridiculously economical to run. I must be doing well over 200 mpg!!
I have a Boerboel which is quite happy to travel in the boot area and the back seats are usually folded flat for any cargo I might need to carry.
Needless to say I'm pleased as punch with the PHEV and I just wanted to post it on here and spread the love. Happy new year everyone.

I have a quite different driving pattern to you, e.g. no more commuting, but agree with the general sentiment. Most of my driving is EV, and I use the load space in many ways for lugging stuff around.
I wonder how much you charge before leaving home, since I'm guessing you could be on re-gen most of the way to work so long as there is "space" in the battery.

I love to hear people's complete satisfaction with the PHEV.

I live on a little hill but big enough to worry that if I could I would charge to, say, 95% battery but don't think there is a way to do it.

Hmm, I had crudely worked out the max mpg when EV all the way was 120mpg but you're right, it's more like 200mpg so you've just improved my efficiency!!! :)

For people living on top of a hill with a short daily driving distance:
I am not sure if you already considered to set a timer that stops loading over night in a way that the battery only charges up to 60-80% of a full charge?

If doing so, you can bring the energy when driving downhill in the battery, not in the disk brakes!

Best regards, Harald

VillageIdiotDan said:
I live on a little hill but big enough to worry that if I could I would charge to, say, 95% battery but don't think there is a way to do it.
I live on the Chiltern ridge with 1.3km 15% hills in most directions. It's not a problem in chilly weather, because pre-heating will run the battery down just enough to allow for recharging on the way down the hill.

ps44 said:
I have a quite different driving pattern to you, e.g. no more commuting, but agree with the general sentiment. Most of my driving is EV, and I use the load space in many ways for lugging stuff around.
I wonder how much you charge before leaving home, since I'm guessing you could be on re-gen most of the way to work so long as there is "space" in the battery.

I have the timer set for 2 hrs charge every day so that its ready just before i need the car with the pre heater programmed to come on 10 mins before I leave for work. Happy days! On my days off I usually give it a full charge unless I know I won't be doing much.
It's just a shame I can't get the app working for it (neither can my local stealer).

seaneb said:
It's just a shame I can't get the app working for it (neither can my local stealer).
Have you tried deleting any previous smartphones from the system? I Googled it (as my phone is showing up as the second device and it only supports two) and there's a power-and-keyfob button sequence you can use to clear any previous devices from the car.

Also, try adding the wifi (my car came with the details on a card) to just to ensure the details are correct, then tell your phone to "forget" that wifi before providing the details again when the Mitsubishi app prompts you. Mine wouldn't register the VIN yesterday (I only bought the car yesterday) until I cleared the wifi.

Back