Rear sill protector

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.mitsubishipartsnow.com/oem-parts/mitsubishi-bumper-step-protector-plate-rear-mz574707ex?origin=pla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiYrF3eLn4QIVUR6tBh2X1whxEAQYASABEgIu9PD_BwE

OEM rear bumper sill!

Attachments

• a93fde74ce50b08a52ed62a9016f1be6.gif.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 149
My dogs go into a bench in the back. They have nails... :( I use the original Mitsubishi one. No complaints. On my previous car I had a strip of tough transparent adhesive foil. I got it done by a firm that does lettering on vans.

Thanks guys. Before I start spending money I'll check with the dealer ... he's a good drive away so it'll be a few weeks. Always a bit leery of buying stuff like this from ebay.

The back ledge on mine was covered in scratches and as the one I was looking at would have taken a month to come I opted to get a black rubber one off Ebay and I thought that would do until I get the metal one ( car is black ) but now I am glad I chose the rubber to try I am very pleased with it ! No movement whatsoever and not as bling as the chrome one so its staying unless they bring a black one out . Also the rubber one was less than a fiver and came in two days so a win win

Thanks for that pointer! I had "chrome" in my mind ... but the black might actually look nicer. I have a grey colored car and the black might look quite smart. I'm not sure about the fake-silver/black checkerboard pattern.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised by it as it really looks the part . I just applied the 3m tape and held it like a towel and laid it on it seemed to automatically follow the line of the shelf ( or good luck ) I honestly can't believe how well it stuck ! There were also Mark's on the side sills off a child probably as my grandkids stand on the same bits so I got some black carbon PVC which goes on brilliant no kinks or nothing -- and for four pieces it came to £2.00 from wish a bit longer wait but worth it as it is very strong and stops any more scratches . If it wasn't for the comments on here I would never of heard of wish -- this site is a gold mine for tips . thanks

Interesting discussion. The rubber would give a better grip e.g. for dogs/children getting in and out, whereas the metal better if your main use of the "boot" involves sliding stuff across the sill.

Another alternative is that my "boot" liner came with a self-adhesive flip-out rubber flap for protection when loading. :idea:

Funny think about all the scratches I have (not that many ... but still they look like crap) is that I always keep a towel in the back to lay down to protect both clothing and the sill when (un)loading. Guess I've missed pulling out the towel one too many times.

I'm going to order the rubber thing later today.

Jojoxx said:
The back ledge on mine was covered in scratches and as the one I was looking at would have taken a month to come I opted to get a black rubber one off Ebay and I thought that would do until I get the metal one ( car is black ) but now I am glad I chose the rubber to try I am very pleased with it ! No movement whatsoever and not as bling as the chrome one so its staying unless they bring a black one out . Also the rubber one was less than a fiver and came in two days so a win win

Do you have a link to this please.
Did a search and nothing like it came up.

derbybiker said:
Jojoxx said:

Do you have a link to this please.
Did a search and nothing like it came up.

Here you go: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Rear-Bumper-Protector-Guard-Sticker-DIY-Door-Rubber-Sill-Protector-Edge-Guar/323434160398?fits=Model%3AEdge&hash=item4b4e2da10e:g:hSUAAOSw3kxbkmrT

Got mine a few weeks ago. Relatively easy to install. Looks pretty good. No complaints.

Back