Dash cam for Outlander PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaapv

I’m not sure whether dashcams without GPS exist. Speed and location are essential part of the recording, should it ever need to be used legally. What is your problem with it recording your speed? I seriously doubt whether it can ever be admissible as evidence against yourself. In fact, it takes a court order to release the footage for third-party viewing against your will.

I’ve got a simple Mio dashcam which cost less than 100 Euro. The setup was: stick it to the windscreen, plug it in and switch on. I hid the cable behind the windscreen surround, it took me all of ten minutes. It has been functioning perfectly for four years now. And yes, it has GPS and warns for fixed speed cameras. Reminds me; I should update it one of these days.

I fitted the same one as in THIS thread.

You can choose whether or not GPS tracking is used (or fit the non-GPS mount, as that's where the chipset lies).

bigbaldbloke said:
Outstanding, isn't it? Especially staying out of the sight line the way that it does.
Yes, I seem to have a loose contact and when I hit a pothole the cam loses power and beeps, reminding me it's there doing it's job. :geek:

Phevy said:
bigbaldbloke said:
Outstanding, isn't it? Especially staying out of the sight line the way that it does.
Yes, I seem to have a loose contact and when I hit a pothole the cam loses power and beeps, reminding me it's there doing it's job. :geek:
Isn't it going into "accident" mode, recording the scene to a more permanent partition of its card? Most cams have a motion sensor that does this.

jaapv said:
Isn't it going into "accident" mode, recording the scene to a more permanent partition of its card? Most cams have a motion sensor that does this.
Thanks! You're right, I've over 100 'accidents' saved. :oops:
Deleting them now.
The cam is thus even better, than I thought :D

Back