Mitsubishi introduces Dendo Drive House

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaapv

Wich basically integrates our PHEV with our solar-powered households, mainly by a storage battery and bi-directional charger. Very interesting :)

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/innovation/motorshow/2019/gms2019/dendo/

Not sure why this is better than a standard solar/battery set up. Most PHEV users won't be there during the working day to get the charge and even if they are, the evening demand is likely to use up both the battery and PHEV stored energy - leaving you to draw down from the grid, as normal.

Actually, they claim that the battery on the PHEV is enough to drive a household for ten days - which I don't believe. I think that the system that I use, using the grid as "storage" by reversing the meter, works best.
BTW, the house in the article is one with a swimming pool - a pool draws between 750 and 3250 W.

I thought the 10 day thing included using petrol if there was a power outage? This wa the original use for the PHEV as a generator?

To put some numbers on this, the 2019 Outlander PHEV spec quotes a battery capacity of 12kW, and my house uses around 25kWh per day at the moment in New Zealand summer, so the car will only contribute 50% of our use from a full charge.

While there are only 2 people in the house, we are gadget and computer server people so our standing load is higher than average, but our hot water is on gas so not included in these numbers.

The place this can work is where there are solar panels on the roof, charging the car, and it spends much of the day at home... Not common.

there's enough battery degradation from using it as a vehicle, i don't want more just to power my wife's hairdryer!

Radionut50 said:
To put some numbers on this, the 2019 Outlander PHEV spec quotes a battery capacity of 12kW, and my house uses around 25kWh per day at the moment in New Zealand summer, so the car will only contribute 50% of our use from a full charge.

While there are only 2 people in the house, we are gadget and computer server people so our standing load is higher than average, but our hot water is on gas so not included in these numbers.

The place this can work is where there are solar panels on the roof, charging the car, and it spends much of the day at home... Not common.
You may not have noticed that there is a storage battery included in the system. It does not depend on the car battery.

Back