Mitsubishi planning a prime time marketing campaign in U.S.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobMarin

It looks like Mitsubishi has big plans for the Outlander PHEV in the U.S. which is a big surprise since there were rumors that Mitsubishi is planning on slowly leaving U.S. market. They issued a statement on the NADA anual meeting in Orlando that they were going to advertise in the prime time TV for the first time since 2005.

Mitsubishi is definitely going all out with this one, but I think this is a great move since the american market is heavily influenced by commercials(more then any other market)

source:
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/12/mitsubishi-leaving-us-no-its-doubling-its-marketing-budget/

that really is a surprise considering the numbers Mitsubishi is pulling in the last couple of years, but I definitely agree about it being a good move because in America if you don't have a huge ad campaign you practically don't exist. Especially when you compete against established U.S. brands.

But I have to say that it is a dumb move to buy a car because you saw him on the TV, i guess that's the power of brand recognition.

Does anybody on the Mitsubishi Outlander forum even consider the ads when contemplating a purchase?

Dannyboy said:
But I have to say that it is a dumb move to buy a car because you saw him on the TV, i guess that's the power of brand recognition.

Does anybody on the Mitsubishi Outlander forum even consider the ads when contemplating a purchase?

No, I don't even remember TV ads when making a major purchase, especially a car. However, research has shown a lot of Americans do make buying decisions based on ads on TV.

I think it is great Mitsubishi is planning a huge campaign for America.

Has anyone yet to see a commercial or any type of marketing introduction for the Outlander PHEV plugin?

well they Mitsubishi has released some infomercial that explain how the car works in and out, but a marketing campaign has not yet been launched for the Outlander PHEV, here are three infomercials and a a press conference in Geneva automotive convention by the Mitsubishi staff on the revealing of the Outlander PHEV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ljwNlK3wL-w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HU6G-xaMssE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kYscf8z2h9c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=afLpUR6cHNU

There were a couple of articles on how Mitsubishi plans to make prime time marketing campaign in the U.S. because they rely heavily on the success of the Outlander PHEV in the next year due to the small number of cars they are planning to produce.

I'm in America, and I think there could be a big demand for a PHEV compact SUV--but it's got to have inductive charging. The charging plate should be on the driveway, and you would just drive the PHEV over it, and current automatically is induced into the vehicle's batteries until fully-charged.

transpower said:
I'm in America, and I think there could be a big demand for a PHEV compact SUV--but it's got to have inductive charging. The charging plate should be on the driveway, and you would just drive the PHEV over it, and current automatically is induced into the vehicle's batteries until fully-charged.

I don't understand why do you think that this is a necessary addition, I mean how hard is it for you to recharge your Outlander in a normal charging station or a simple electricity converter to recharge in home.

transpower said:

I agree that this is a future technology that the automotive industry is going to have to take notice of but saying that Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV "has got to have it" seems a bit unrealistic because of many reasons, one being that not everybody has a private driveway and as far as I know the technology is not even that up to beat...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Most of us in America have private driveways. It's just a matter of convenience--I don't want to have to plug-in and plug-out every day. It's sort of like my home security system--I don't want to have to type in the security code every time I leave or enter the house; all I do now is press a button on my key fob to arm or disarm the security--it's very convenient.

transpower said:
Most of us in America have private driveways. It's just a matter of convenience--I don't want to have to plug-in and plug-out every day. It's sort of like my home security system--I don't want to have to type in the security code every time I leave or enter the house; all I do now is press a button on my key fob to arm or disarm the security--it's very convenient.

Where did you see that technology anyhow?

I still don't see the convinience, I mean is that hard plugin in a cord into you Outlander?

building a whole system just not to do a simple hand movement seems ilogical to me...

Back