Looking at buying used

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course, if you're charging the car from your photo voltaic panels, the "cost" of the electricity is the feed-in tariff you lose.

For most people that's 11c per kWh.

I'm planning to put in another 6 kW of PVs, and a local battery, once my current feed-in tariff (50c) stops.

At the moment, the figures for stand alone solar don't work for me, but the numbers are getting closer every day.

To answer your question...

I'm using approximately 5kWh more per day now that I have the PHEV.

I drive to work five days per week, and recharge twice per week.

I'm only 6 kilometres from the city, so this makes the PHEV ideal for me.

I make a point of going for a longer drive about once per month, to make sure that I'm running some petrol through the engine, to keep everything working nicely.

Driving in traffic, I keep the car in maximum regeneration mode (B5) and drive with a one-pedal style. (i.e. don't need to brake very often). The car absolutely excels in traffic jams. It only consumes power when you're creeping forward.

(edited to remove the text which was showing up as hyperlinks... Is it the forum that is doing that?)

Just wanted to update everyone that helped that we did in the end find one we liked!

Got a gunmetal GX4HS for what we thought was an OK price.

Been driving it a few weeks, really happy with it!

Back