Is there really difference between the 2016 and 2017 models

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattg

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here. It's a great forum with lots of information. I have learned alot. I hope to be contributing to it in the near future.

I'm planning on buying a nearly new Outlander PHEV 4h.

What I was wanting to find out is there really much difference between the 2016 and the 2017 models?

I read that the 2017 has slightly better ev range (+1mile) and mpg. Also this EV priority mode which isn't truely a ev priority using heater etc.

In the real world is this actually true?

I'm willing to buy the 2017 model which is slightly more expensive but is it worth the extra money?

I thinking I can get a 2017 4h for 30000 pounds and I think a late 2016 for 26000 with some negotiating.

What does everyone think?

Thanks

Matt

well, the 2017 does also have a "rear cross traffic alert (RCTA)" which suppose to alert you more then what 2016 does, and also has a "blind spot warning" (flashes some sort of led on the mirror?)

both features may be useful, but for me, it probably won't be a killer reason for going for a 2017 over a 2016 model.

I would take the MPG quoted with a pinch of salt as its no way its getting that figure UNLESS you a do a journey with about 80% EV and the rest on petrol - its bit of a grey area on this quoted mpg.

btw, I got a March 2016 4hs model.

Back