Considering an outlander phev.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davelee

So hi all, well where do i start? i currently run a diesel vectra sri and have been looking into trading in for a newer car. Not too new prob a 2015 model phev outlander.

I do around 500-600miles a month. Big chunk of that is to work and back 8miles each way most the journey is 30-40 mph and a couple miles at 50mph. Would a complete chage make the majority of the there and back journey even in bad weather?

Im under the impression my monthly bills will be less considering i put £80-90 per 4weeks in diesel depending on mileage i do. Plus 200 a year road tax id save

Davelee said:
So hi all, well where do i start? i currently run a diesel vectra sri and have been looking into trading in for a newer car. Not too new prob a 2015 model phev outlander.

I do around 500-600miles a month. Big chunk of that is to work and back 8miles each way most the journey is 30-40 mph and a couple miles at 50mph. Would a complete chage make the majority of the there and back journey even in bad weather?

Im under the impression my monthly bills will be less considering i put £80-90 per 4weeks in diesel depending on mileage i do. Plus 200 a year road tax id save

There are plenty of threads on here mate about range and how things like cold weather etc can effect things but it sounds like you will be able to do most of your driving on electric. Im just waiting on delivery of my new Phev and have already learned a great deal just by browsing this forum.

I've got a 2015 model. I've never had less than 18 miles range even in low temperatures, so you should be OK. Rough estimate, if you work 5 days a week, you'll probably spend about £25 per 4 weeks on electricity on going to work and back. If you have Economy 7, quite a bit less. Be prepared for the engine to start in cold weather though, unless you turn the heater off (or right down) or preheat, for which you'll need a GX4h minimum spec.

westdevon said:
... Be prepared for the engine to start in cold weather though, unless you turn the heater off (or right down) or preheat, for which you'll need a GX4h minimum spec.
The new model should be able to preheat the car while being connected with the cable.

Cheers guys just the info i was after

Harald said:
westdevon said:
... Be prepared for the engine to start in cold weather though, unless you turn the heater off (or right down) or preheat, for which you'll need a GX4h minimum spec.

The new model should be able to preheat the car while being connected with the cable.

I will ne looking for the best spec i can afford. Is the GX4h the best uk spec?

Is that the 2018 model? Im going to be buying a 2 or 3 year old second hand model. Is this function availible on the 2015 uk version via the app?

Hello Davelee, I have the GX4h which was registered in March 2015 (pre-facelift it doesn't look like a bloated Toyota Aygo :lol: ) I bought mine at the end of 2016 and from what I remember is the GX4hs was pretty much the same apart from some annoying safety features that beep a lot, but I think it was an insurance group lower than the GX4h, sorry I can't be more specific, but at least it gives you a start in the right direction. I think it was the GX3 that didn't have the MMCS and remote app. or more importantly an electric heater.
The one thing I can confirm is that I still pay zero road tax :D This changed for newer models, but again I'm not sure when that was brought in.
Hope this helps and happy hunting, oh and you need to get a battery condition report before you buy.

Sumpy said:
Hello Davelee, I have the GX4h which was registered in March 2015 (pre-facelift it doesn't look like a bloated Toyota Aygo :lol: ) I bought mine at the end of 2016 and from what I remember is the GX4hs was pretty much the same apart from some annoying safety features that beep a lot, but I think it was an insurance group lower than the GX4h, sorry I can't be more specific, but at least it gives you a start in the right direction. I think it was the GX3 that didn't have the MMCS and remote app. or more importantly an electric heater.
The one thing I can confirm is that I still pay zero road tax :D This changed for newer models, but again I'm not sure when that was brought in.
Hope this helps and happy hunting, oh and you need to get a battery condition report before you buy.

Great advise buddy thank you, is there any onscreen battery degradation reports like the dots on a leaf etc or is it a main dealer job?

Back