2019 Upgraded Outlander PHEV in US too?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: Not good, not only has Aron from Continental said MY2019 will not get the powertrain updates, now Zack from Michaud Mitsubishi (MA) said the same thing. He did say all other updates (soundproofing, spot welding, suspension upgrades, etc) will be making it for MY2019, I'm guessing they're saving the powertrain update for MY2020.

OP has also been updated with the latest IIHS crash test scores for Outlander PHEV.

Sorry. I know that's not what you wanted to hear.

Do you think the Federal tax credit will still be available in 2020 (for tax year 2019)?

I was told by two US dealerships that the 2019 version will not be receiving the powertrain updates, including one random one in another state that I emailed, saying that I would have to look elsewhere for a plug in if the 2019 didn't have the increased range (so I knew the dealer wouldn't have any incentive to sell me something).

I went for the 2018.

We bought the 2018 outlander PHEV for 15% off MSRP before taxes & fees back in June. That's about $6320 off MSRP of $41,485. The dealer cut off the wires for the Low jack which I rejected it. It's Anaheim Mitsubishi. The other dealers in the area does not come close or willing to deal at all so they can keep their stocks. :)

yardbird88 said:
We bought the 2018 outlander PHEV for 15% off MSRP before taxes & fees back in June. That's about $6320 off MSRP of $41,485. The dealer cut off the wires for the Low jack which I rejected it. It's Anaheim Mitsubishi. The other dealers in the area does not come close or willing to deal at all so they can keep their stocks. :)

Good to know, I'm not too far away from Anaheim so I'll check them out when the time is right, thanks.

Back