Order placed in Yorkshire

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddywheels

Hi everyone :D

After 16 years/10 Jaguar Land Rover vehicles I'm taking the plunge and placed deposit on Mitsubishi Outlander GX4h PHEV yesterday :eek:

I'm a LR forum moderator elsewhere but newbie to Mitsubishi and phev so be patient and expect lots of stupid questions :oops:

Hoping to enjoy ownership and this forum as much as I have the LR forums :cool:

2 weeks and counting :mrgreen:

Welcome Muddywheels! I think there are a few former LR owners on here...mostly happy I think! Feel free to ask stupid questions (well, you could try searching on here first, but the search function is pretty pants tbh!).

Cheers :D

I've been doing some searching as I know how annoying it is when people ask repeat questions over and over but as you say it's bringing up pages of threads and I'll be old and grey before I get my answer :lol:

Sometimes ran 2 at same time - 1 for me and 1 for swmbo but LR price increases, arrogant dealers and lack of eco options have soured experience :(

Last Thursday I visited Mitsubishi and LR dealers back to back, Friday I visited another Mitsubishi dealer and it reminded me how LR used to treat me - Sunday I put deposit down on phev :mrgreen:

i have owned my PHEV now for about 2 months, and only now understand how to get the best from the battery and range from fuel, its a learning and experimenting experience, but i am also a pilot, so treat driving and managing the PHEV and its systems as i do when flying. its fun..

ultralights said:
i have owned my PHEV now for about 2 months, and only now understand how to get the best from the battery and range from fuel, its a learning and experimenting experience, but i am also a pilot, so treat driving and managing the PHEV and its systems as i do when flying. its fun..

Bet you use the paddles and the regenerative braking as a reverse thrust? (I do anyway)

didnt think of it as the thrust reverse, more level 1 to 5 autobraking, now you have mentioned it, it will be thrust reverser from now on.

Well my last Land Rover went to it's new home tonight and at 11.00 tomorrow I collect my first Mitsubishi - it's been a stressful week finding out the salesman left so I had to sort out all the confusion but fingers crossed plain sailing from tomorrow :mrgreen:

If not it may be the shortest vehicle ownership I've had to date :lol:

Thought it might be time for an update :cool:

PHEV collected Wednesday and so far looking good :mrgreen:

normal_DSC_0551.jpg

normal_DSC_0550.jpg

normal_DSC_0552.jpg

Bit disappointed there was no fuel on collection and had to find some to get home but done 145 miles now and fuel gauge hasn't moved :D

EV range started at 19 miles but has now increased to 32 on computer at least if not in reality - today I did 11 miles and the 32 now reads 13 remaining - the mpg is showing ---.- though so over 1000 mpg :eek:

Now I've entered kw/h rate of 10p it shows last night cost me 73p to charge - wish I'd known all this a year ago before I bought the LR Disco Sport :roll:

Muddywheels said:
Thought it might be time for an update :cool:

Bit disappointed there was no fuel on collection and had to find some to get home but done 145 miles now and fuel gauge hasn't moved :D :

I bet - we never deliver with less than quarter of a tank thats just penny pinching and creates a negative first impression. Enjoy your PHEV

Hello Muddywheels welcome to the BB. I haven't posted on here for a while but just saw this thread and your pics....

...taken at Luscombes in Leeds if am not mistaken? I am not too far away myself and I used this dealer for my first PHEV service. My 2 year GX3h lease is up in Novenber and I just signed up for a GX3H+. Wow that has gone quickly!!!

I have been very happy with the car I hope you enjoy yours too. Do you have any comments or questions now that you have been 'in the driving seat' for a few days? There are many clued up and friendly posters here it's quite an active board. There is no such thing as a daft question...

Well spotted Steve :D

I was pretty nervous after 16 years of Land Rover and a bad Toyota experience prior to that but I'm really glad I made the move so far - done 245 miles now and the fuel gauge has hardly dropped - hopefully my electric bill won't be horrific :lol:

Quick calc of electric charges I reckon I will see 115 mpg equivalent - mpg for petrol has been ---.- so over 999.9 mpg until we had a trip to York weekend and it showed 69.9 mpg afterwards

Loving the smooth silent take off and unable to tell when it's electric or petrol unless I look at display - brilliant :cool:

Haven't managed to get boot to open with fob yet but works fine with button on dash and under trim - was going to read handbook but need to book a week off for that - it's an encyclopedia :shock:

Muddywheels said:
Well spotted Steve :D

Haven't managed to get boot to open with fob yet but works fine with button on dash and under trim - was going to read handbook but need to book a week off for that - it's an encyclopedia :shock:

You need to press the fob button twice to open - I think its twice, Ive now gone to a GX3h+ so do miss this feature ;-(

I don't have GX4 either but it has been mentioned before that the remote boot opening is very fiddly.

Also, in this old thread:

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1547

there is a button on the central dash console that may have been pressed disabling remote boot opening?

Thanks for the replies - it's 2 presses to open and has to be unlocked beforehand - it's always been 1 press and didn't matter if locked or not on previous vehicles - anyway now I know it's not faulty :mrgreen:

Just passed a milestone and thought I would update this thread :D

936 miles this month @ 139.8 mpg - my best yet :mrgreen:

Total cost this month £27 elec and £34.75 petrol = £61.75 - what's not to like :cool:

Warm weather and has put a smile back on my face again especially after the reduction in range during winter ;)

6000 trouble free miles in 6 months is a record for me too after previous vehicles :lol:

Back