Top 10 things to check before buying 2nd hand ?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevievelvet

Hi
If you have any tips of thinsg to look otu for before buying a 2nd hand PHEV ?

If there is a FAQ on this site, i don't see it so apologies

----------------
Stevie

Has it got 4 wheels?
service plan included
battery charge state? does it still hold its full charge?
has it got its charging cables included?
check the charger flap for damages

and all the usual stuff you would check on a normal car i guess

Battery status is quite important in the PHEV ... at least for have a price negotiation point .. since most of used PHEV should have a similar battery degradation

Battery status can be seen either via EvBatMon application and a ODB2 wireless adapter ... operation that take only few seconds.
Else .. it is needed to agree for make a range test with battery fully charged .. operation that may consume over 40km and almost 1h time .. so ... maybe a challenge for some re-seller

PS: Have also a check for:
WiFi password included
12V air pump included in the trunk

In my case my used PHEV was not having the WiFi password (I asked for it, but if previous owner did not include in the car there is no way to rescue it, unless special diagnostic service from a Mitsubishi dealer) .. as well .. I discover too late that the original 12v tire pump was missing .. get an original one that fit the tight compartment, is impossible .. so I end up buying a similar "pump" that does not fit perfectly on the original space

Back