MMCS failure on 15 plate 4H / poor service

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EchoVictor

I recently purchased a 2015 Gx4h from a second hand car dealer local to me. There was an issue with the MMCS when I tested the car in that the nav didn't work. I was assured this would be fixed by the time I collected but it wasn't and subsequently the unit has failed completely. I agreed with the seller that the first line of approach should be with the local Mitsubishi service centre which for me is Seward in Havant. They had the car in for diagnostics and agreed that the MMCS needed replacement. There was a question about warranty as the mileage on the car was 66000, so above the 62500 maximum. After a few days I was contacted by Seward to say that Mitsubishi had agreed to replace given the age of the car and could I take the car I to have the serial number of the part for ordering parts which I did.

The next contact with Seward was for them to say that actually they were not now going to replace the unit. They had no record of anyone saying to me that Mitsubishi would replace it and basically, tough. No good will (as they said I didn't buy the car through them so hadn't 'built any up'). My points of good will being using the dealership in the future and that the car is less than 3 years old and this was an electrical component rather than mechanical were ignored. To be told that this was going to be replaced under warranty and then subsequently refused with no good will I think is very poor.

So I am composing a letter to Mitsubishi UK express my displeasure. I wonder has anyone here got any contacts for anyone in the warranties side of things?

I have recourse through the dealer that I bought the car from to use his warranty scheme but I would have preferred to get this sorted through the Mitsubishi dealer directly.

Thanks in advance for any contact details or any thoughts as to how I might further progress this through Mitsubishi

I'm slightly at loss here... Why should a dealer honour guaranty on a car that was not supplied by them nor under factory guaranty?
The only one who can do so will be the seller, and possibly Mitsubishi as a courtesy repair.
Hassles like this are a convincing reason never to buy a car with a second-hand car seller, but to stick with dealerships, at least for fairly new cars.

jaapv said:
Why should a dealer honour guaranty on a car that was not supplied by them nor under factory guaranty?

My point being that they did agree initially to a 'goodwill' repair outside of warranty but then changed their mind. This I think is very poor.

That is indeed not very pretty. However, I'm sure the miscommunication originates from Mitsubishi UK. We all know how it works in larger corporations - some underling saying something and being overridden by his superior... In any case, the dealer is the unfortunate piggy-in-the-middle.
If I were you I would leave the whole mess with the seller of the car. After all, it is his job to sort this. It would save you a good deal of frustration.

Back