Effect of long storage

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveT

Hello All. I have the chance to purchase a UK vehicle which was registered 12 months ago, but which has only covered 12 miles. Is this long term storage likely to have a negative impact on the main battery life or performance? I realise there will be most of the warranty remaining.

Wow.

:shock:

That's quite the strange Use Case...

The battery question would depend on how the battery was maintained during that time.

If it was just left on a 50% charge, it should be fine (IIRC).

Andy

AndyInOz said:
Wow.

:shock:

That's quite the strange Use Case...

The battery question would depend on how the battery was maintained during that time.

If it was just left on a 50% charge, it should be fine (IIRC).

Andy

Exactly ...

If battery have has been left fully charged, all the time for 1 year ... then it has massive increase of internal resistance and a big lost in capacity

Both are right, you should check whether the battery has been maintained and insist on a battery condition report.

Thanks for the responses. I have decided that the unknowns and therefore the risk are too great. Instead, I will replace my 2014 Glacier blue GX3h with a 1 year old GX3h+ with 10k miles and enjoy heated seats this winter!

Back