2017 model 4h MMCS

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordiephev

My lease on my 2015 old style PHEV is nearly up. Been really happy with it except for the awful MMCS.

Dissapointed the car play/android auto only available on the lower model.

Wondering if the MMCS on the 4h has been improved? Main gripes are

Bluetooth phone - no phone list/last call list etc on screen
Bluetooth streaming- not all track names display.
DAB flakey. Can't find all channels cuts out regularly
Maps basic and entering destinations tedious.
Many other minor niggles.

Also has remote app improved?

Thanks

This is my first Outlander PHEV, so I can't compare to previous versions of the MMCS but...
Geordiephev said:
Bluetooth phone - no phone list/last call list etc on screen - it's awful, I haven't seen any lists and from the phonebook you can only search on the first letter of a contact's name. If your contact has more than one number, it only displays the first one listed.
Bluetooth streaming- not all track names display. - Track names display, track duration/timer stays at zero. Using an iPhone via the USB is even worse, it cannot detect playlists or much else, meaning you have to use the iPhone to start a playlist. There is no pause function (only via Bluetooth) and overall it just isn't fit for purpose. It won't even start playing where it left off (although again, it does via Bluetooth). This lack of basic playback functionality is the main reason I am considering replacing it with a Pioneer.
DAB flakey. Can't find all channels cuts out regularly - Not had any problems with DAB, although the order in which the station names are displayed defies any logic.
Maps basic and entering destinations tedious. - No change here! TMS seems to be present but just doesn't make any difference. I have never been re-routed due to traffic, but I have sat in many jams. Pretty useless (and yes, I have checked the settings and have everything set up correctly)
Many other minor niggles. - Many many

Also has remote app improved? - Can't say if it's improved, have nothing to compare to, but it works fine for me and is the reason I am considering replacing the MMCS for a Pioneer as I will still be able to get to vital vehicle settings via the app.

I have little experience of integrated navigation, having always been a TomTom user. I was a bit taken aback by the crudeness of the UI. There are a few things I rather like, though, especially being able to have two maps side by side at different scales. I have the left one zoomed out to show about half an hour's worth of driving, and in "2D north up" mode, just to give me my general location. And the right one zoomed in a lot more and in "2D track up" mode.

But, yes, the input of destinations is fiddly and hard work.

And no gapless playback from SDcard.

Do aftermarket head units like the Pioneer have any chance of integrating with the reversing camera?

-- Steve

Don't know about 2017 MMCS, but the 2014 one annoyed me enough to replace it with a Kenwood DDX9016DABS.

You lose all the PHEV specific integration, but I have gained DAB, Android Auto, proper Bluetooth function and more.

Reverse camera works fine, existing GPS antenna works, Steering wheel controls work.

I have retained all existing connectors so the original MMCS can be replaced within 5 or 10 minutes.

I followed the guide here http://www.engineershed.com/?p=145 and although not PHEV it is generally applicable to our cars, including location of reverse sense.

Android Auto with Google maps or Waze is fantastic for navigation with responsive re routing and also voice input.. I am sure the dark side (Car Play) has similar functionality.

Paul

Hello. Did you used an adaptater for the cable or did you had done the same thing than the tutorial

Back