Decent dealer experience despite n00b mistake

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPWhite

I test drove the 2018 Outlander this weekend at Hallmark near Nashville TN. Sales folk were reasonably knowledgeable about the car and were very helpful while I was trying figure out the cars features as we drove along. Most of my questions were answered quickly and correctly. No crazy high pressure sales tactics. All in all a good experience, much better than when I visited the Nissan dealer for my LEAF.

They did make one n00b mistake. The vehicle was pretty much out of charge when we started the test drive. Given I made the appointment several days prior, that was disappointing. Could it not have been on charge overnight? The engine came on quite a bit during the test drive and I wasn't sure how it would have handled had it had a full charge.

I was somewhat surprised the regen wasn't stronger on the B5 setting, not quite one pedal driving. The iMiev I test drove years ago was stronger. Maybe because the PHEV is a heavier vehicle and it has a modest battery.

Being so new to the US market, there are no discounts specific to the PHEV on offer right now. I did some quick calculations over the weekend and figured I'd bite if the MSRP were 4-6K lower. The loan/lease calculator on the Mitsubishi website is very useful, so much better doing the what-if's online rather than tax a sales guy with endless questions. The numbers the dealer quoted were marginally better than the website calculator.

JPWhite said:
Being so new to the US market, there are no discounts specific to the PHEV on offer right now.

Actually, Mitsubishi is currently offering $2000 cash back ($2500 in ZEV states). I’m not sure why, as I really don’t think they have to with the high initial demand.

Back