SF Bay Area Supply

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkL

I was bummed that the 5 Dealers here in the Bay Area had 1 or no PHEVs in stock. Not sure if they can't keep up with demand or just don't want to sell them. I requested quotes from a few of them and only one responded by trying to get me to come in to talk. This was around the first week in March 2018.

I did some searching online and found out that Auto Gallery Mitsubishi in Corona CA had over 20 in stock at great prices. I worked with the sales manager Larry to get a written quote, transferred a deposit, and bought a plane ticket with Southwest from Oakland to Ontario. I arrived in Ontario at 7:30am and Ubered to the dealer by 8:30am. The paperwork took about 20 minutes to get finalized. Then I met with Andrew who spent almost two hours going over every feature of the vehicle both parked and while driving, including setting up the apps on my phone and showing me how to use the Apple Car Play feature. I was on the road home by 11am.

I love the adaptive cruise control, I just set it on 80 mph and let it do most of the accelerator control for the over 400 mile ride home. The adaptive cruise control will not slow you down in time if you are going substantially faster than traffic ahead, or if someone cuts in front of you. The PHEV is replacing my 2011 Nissan Leaf. I loved the Leaf but it was a pain the 2% of the time when I had to travel beyond range. My stomach would hurt with the anticipation of whether or not the needed chargers would be blocked, broken, or in use.

So far I am very happy with the PHEV and can highly recommend flying down to Auto Gallery Mitsubishi if you are having trouble finding them in the SF Bay Area.

Back