Equipment that should be supplied with S/H 2015 4h

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freebird

Can anyone tell me what should be supplied with a used 2015 4h from a franchised dealer please.
Items such as tools, manuals, SSD card(?), password, 2 keys(?) etc
I as as missing items can be a hassle to replace after purchase.
Many Thanks
Phil

Freebird said:
Can anyone tell me what should be supplied with a used 2015 4h from a franchised dealer please.
Items such as tools, manuals, SSD card(?), password, 2 keys(?) etc
I as as missing items can be a hassle to replace after purchase.
Many Thanks
Phil

You may want to check that the tyre kit is present.
In my used PHEV it was incomplete and I did find out later at my cost ...

There should be under the floor of the trunk a 12v compressor, and a special can for inflate a flat broken tyre

SSD car with the map is very important to verify it is present.. else it could be very expensive

WIFi password ... is better to have, else the dealer can find it for you (for free or for a charger based on dealer policy) .. ps In my case I did not got it .. and as result I disabled WiFi, since I am not after paying from my "bad" dealer for this WiFi option which does not look bringing any value to me (some MMCS functions did not work until I disabled WiFi .. and for me MMCS is better then WiFi for set up the car)

If you want to negotiate the price ... you may want to have a OBD2 adapter and the watchDog apps for check the state of health of the main battery .. if it is below 90% .. you can ask discount .. if it is below 80% you may consider to look for a different car

Thank you very much for that, I did read in this forum about checking the battery degradation which prompted me to join.
Probably a daft question but are all Outlander PHEVs 4x4s, and could you tell me what warranties, if any, would still be available on a three year old car and if there is a warranty (i.e. battery) is the warranty transferable to a second owner? One last question, does the car have to be serviced by Mitsubishi to keep any warranties current.
Thanks again for the information
Phil

Freebird said:
Thank you very much for that, I did read in this forum about checking the battery degradation which prompted me to join.
Probably a daft question but are all Outlander PHEVs 4x4s, and could you tell me what warranties, if any, would still be available on a three year old car and if there is a warranty (i.e. battery) is the warranty transferable to a second owner? One last question, does the car have to be serviced by Mitsubishi to keep any warranties current.
Thanks again for the information
Phil

All Outlander PHEV are AWD ... .. also all these PHEV are 4x4 for my understanding of 4x4 .. using the 4x4 lock button .. a 4x4 electronic, not 4x4 mechanic

About warranty .. I don't know ... I think all latest outlander have 5 years warranties , which is valid also for 2nd owner .. but this can change country to country ... my PHEV since is as late 2013 did born with 2 or 3 years warranty .. so I got mine out of warranty

About battery warranty .. is very tricky .. mine has nothing ... or better ... there is a 8y warranty that cover a mayor failure ... but does not cover any degradation .. maybe on latest model there is a granted degradation in the warranty of the battery

Anyhow ... this PHEV is designed in a conservative way ... so it is very reliable ... only "known" "issue" is "high" battery degradation, that impact mainly people that charge daily or even twice per day the car ... my PHEV come from somebody who was using the car as pure Hybrid .. so my PHEV for the age and mileage ... has a decent 90.5% SOH ... was much higher when I got my PHEV .. but since I used 95% in EV mode for 100% EV daily commute ... my battery under my usage is degradating similarly to oder PHEV users

If you want to know how bad can become this PHEV when the battery is below 70% SOH .. check some post from "Anko" ... this will be the "future" of all our PHEV when battery will be going from bad to worst

If it is relevant to use this car in EV mode, I would suggest to invest few "coins" over an ODB2 tool ... alternatively .. you will need to ask to test how many km can be done with fully charged battery : quite a boring test to drive almost 1h at no more then 60km/h

Elm70 thank you so much for answering my questions. I do like Mitsubishis very much, I owned a Shogun (diesel) until a few years ago but I decided to get a hybrid vehicle for cost and environmental reasons. I looked at Outlander PHEV 2 years ago but they were a little out of my price range. I settled on a Vauxhall Ampera which also has been a wonderful car, but I miss what the Shogun gave me in load space and 4x4. I have to load up garden materials for my wife and mobility scooter for my old mum which just isn't practical with the Ampera. A 2015 Outlander PHEV is within my price range now and I can accept the lower EV range. However I am a little concerned at the possible battery degradation, the Amperas battery is bullet proof and over engineered.
I will do as you suggest and read up on battery issues.
I really hope I can find a way round this
Thanks again for your help
Phil

Where are you based? A location shown in the border from your profile might be useful...

In the UK, any PHEV registered before 31/12/14 has 3 years manufacturer's warranty and 5 years EV parts warranty. For those registered from 1/1/15 onwards, that changed to 5 years and 8 years

ThudnBlundr said:
Where are you based? A location shown in the border from your profile might be useful...

In the UK, any PHEV registered before 31/12/14 has 3 years manufacturer's warranty and 5 years EV parts warranty. For those registered from 1/1/15 onwards, that changed to 5 years and 8 years
Apologies ThudnBlundr, I joined in a hurry as I was researching. I will update my profile.
Thanks very much for the warranty information. I may have to save a few more shekels to buy a 2016 I think.
Phil

Most cars in Poland come from the Netherlands. There was an option to extend the guaranty to five years, which quite a few buyers took.
The guaranty on electrical parts was five years, if memory serves.
Getting a newer one for a few month's guaranty makes little sense to me, as the dealer's guaranty should cover half a year or so anyway.
The factory guaraty is limited to 100.000 km.

Thanks for that information jaapv, is Mitsubishi popular in Poland?
I have to say that the Shogun I had was a very reliable and exceptional vehicle.
I have been looking for 2015 4h PHEV vehicles and some (from a Mitsu dealer) have a 12 month warranty.
The battery on the Ampera is over engineered and there are no failures in the USA or UK so Im a bit spoilt really.
It seems that the battery is relatively easily replaceable if needed in the Outlander which I am impressed with.
Many Thanks
Phil

Freebird said:
Apologies ThudnBlundr, I joined in a hurry as I was researching. I will update my profile.
Thanks very much for the warranty information. I may have to save a few more shekels to buy a 2016 I think.
Phil
No need to apologise :D I just wasn't sure if giving UK info would be useful if you were NZ ;)

Freebird said:
Thanks for that information jaapv, is Mitsubishi popular in Poland?
I have to say that the Shogun I had was a very reliable and exceptional vehicle.
I have been looking for 2015 4h PHEV vehicles and some (from a Mitsu dealer) have a 12 month warranty.
The battery on the Ampera is over engineered and there are no failures in the USA or UK so Im a bit spoilt really.
It seems that the battery is relatively easily replaceable if needed in the Outlander which I am impressed with.
Many Thanks
Phil

Mitsubishi is not really popular in Poland (still people here like Japanese cars, mainly Toyotas, something a bit different then what I did notice when I was living in Germany and in Austria) .. anyhow .. I guess JAAPV knows that I'm living in Poland now, and as well, my PHEV got imported from NL ... here in Poland I see always around 10 used PHEV for sell, and most of them are PHEV coming from NL ... I guess here there is more interested market for used car compared to other place in Europe .. still there is no financial benefit for own a green car in Poland .. so .. people by more traditional ICE car, EV are extremely rare here, and I still have to see another Outlander PHEV on the road (ICE Outlander actually are quite common to be seen here)

Yes, you are right, Ampera has a very well designed battery for guarantee a long "live".

I guess Mitsubishi did cut some corner here and there, with a more simple battery design ... and for me it is a bit "questionable" the battery selection from GS Yuasa

But ... all in all ... I think they have a "simple" and reliable design implemented in this PHEV ... as every PHEV ... it is a compromise at each design decision .. it is more easy to make a standard ICE or a standard EV ...

Back