Help - Buying a PHEV but not sure what to check for

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiddyguy

Hi all

Hope you can help. Have put down a deposit on a 2015 PHEV GX4

Absolutely no idea what I need to do to check the vehicle when collecting it.

I understand I should check for the spare tyre equipment, and for any rust, but what are the things that you guys recommend checking please?

I would check the battery but I don't have the equipment to do it. And there's lots of comments around Wi-Fi and insuring I've got the passcode but I don't understand what the function is here - can anyone advise please?

Anything else you guys would strongly recommend I check before handing over the rest of the money?

All help very much appreciated

Thanks

Buy, borrow or seal a phev watchdog compatible blutooth obd2 dongle.
Download and install phev watchdog (or by EvBatmon).

This will tell you detailed information on the state of health of the battery ( expressed as a percentage of a factory new one).

My 2014 was at 94% with 45,000kms on the clock.

The wifi SSID and password is needed to synch your phone (if it has wifi! some dont)
This lets you use your phone to set charging timers and pre heating etc (plus a few other things).

AFIK the factory head unit can do the same , but I dont know as mine was replaced.

If they dont have the password a mitsubishi dealer can find it for you.

Definitely look for a compatible OBD2 Bluetooth adapter , and use the WatchDog application for inspect the battery condition.

Back