PHEV wannabe newbie

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMY

Hi Folks -

Firstly, I have been reading posts on here for a couple of weeks now and have found it to be very useful and informative.

I'm actively looking for a 2016/17 PHEV as having finally driven one at the weekend I was very impressed. However in my search I would appreciate some input from the knowledge on this site ;)

Am I right in thinking that the 2016/17 difference is only the EV only mode and electronic handbrake added to the 2017? I am not really fussed on the electronic handbrake but does the EV only mode make any difference to a drive in reality? My miles atm are really only small runs around the town where I live and a 20 mile commute to work. I may be changing work location soon and that will become a 40 mile commute with no charging facility at either place of work. The 40 miles would be all motorway except last 1 mile through city. Would using EV to get up to say 65 on motorway after about 10 miles (each way) then 'charge' increase the battery charge much? I realise that this will all be trial and error and a big learning curve (which I am looking forward to).

The difference between similar spec 2016/17 is as much as £4/5k with only a moderate difference in miles. I don't honestly think the extra cash is worth it, despite the extra year left on a 2017 warranty but I would welcome your thoughts.

Also looking at 4hs - seems to be a better spec for the sake of heated rear seats, 'softer' leather, sound system upgrade (is it much better?) and the LED footwell lighting on the 5h. 5hs would be ideal but very few about and obviously a lot more expensive.

As above - would welcome any feedback or comments :)

Back