2016 GX4H vs 2017 4H (and post-purchase fitted CarPlay?)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanReed86

Hi All

First post in this forum, but firstly wanted to say thank you to everyone who has shared so far. I've been in the market to upgrade from my 12 year old Ford S-Max for about a year, and finally have settled on the Phev. Took one for a test drive a few weeks back and it was great.

I have a few questions, but here's my main one: What's the difference between the GX4H model and the 4H model? From what I can tell it's about 10mm in width, and that's about it! I know if I get 2017 4H I get the EV Priority button (but I understand it's pretty useless... is that right?) and a few other bits I don't particularly care about.

What I do care about is 360 cameras, but also ApplePlay. I've been less than impressed with comments about the integrated system, apart from the ApplePlay version. Problem is, that's only on the 4H MY18, or on the entry models (which don't come with 360 cameras).

I talked to the dealer about them fitting the CarPlay system to the GX4H they have, but they've said it's not possible. If I went to Halfords or wherever and bought an aftermarket ApplePlay system, though, would the cameras still work? If so that may be the way forward.

Otherwise, I need to make a call between 360 cameras or ApplePlay. To be honest with all the bad things I've heard about the standard infotainment system I'd be tempted to lose the 360 camera!

Any guidance appreciated - and thanks in advance

Dan

Back