Interior with seats folded down

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phevvvv

Here it the interior of the Outlander plug-in hybrid with the seats folded down.

Many people wonder if the cargo floor is at the same height as the back of the seats when they are folded, and the answer is yes. You end up with quite a large flat area for gear.

outlander-PHEV-cargo-e1380579228288.jpg

lemketron said:
Where are the rear motors that allegedly prevent adding a third row of seating?

The rear seats could be added, but it's the rear seat's leg room that is an issue. The electric motor and components is in the footwell for the 3rd row seat.

I guess Mitsubishi had to make a decision - offer a third row seat and put the controller components into the cargo space, or otherwise eliminate the third row and maintain the large cargo space.

Hey "Admin",

Quick question for you. Can you fold those seats down, and measure the length from the (closed) tailgate to the tops of the seats? IMO, this is a crucial measurement for any wagon or SUV with fold-flat seats, but it's also one of the hardest to find.

Come on 70" or more! (Fingers crossed...)

I had my car on lift today and was just wondering that if they would REALLY want hide all those chargers and inverters and other stuff theres plenty room under bottom plate at rear. But maybe the used way is compromis with costs..

foreverstudent said:
Hey "Admin",

Quick question for you. Can you fold those seats down, and measure the length from the (closed) tailgate to the tops of the seats? IMO, this is a crucial measurement for any wagon or SUV with fold-flat seats, but it's also one of the hardest to find.

Come on 70" or more! (Fingers crossed...)

According to Car.info, it's 1845 mm with the back seats collapsed. That's 72,64".

To give you an example of a real world load, with the rear seats folded flat and the front seats both as far back as they go (long legs in the front) I carried a box that was 202cm long x22 x6 (flat pack bed frame from Ikea) and it fitted into the boot from corner to corner easily, I could have loaded it straight (front to back) by moving the front passenger seat forward a few cm's. I didn't need to fold both rear seats down either as it would have fitted with just the double seat folded and so would still be possible to carry two passengers in comfort as well.

Back