PHEV EV range in mountains - 58,4 km. Timelapse video.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtechtuning

I have free time last afternoon, so I decided to do timelapse video to show range of PHEV.
I live in mountains (this does not help with range) but still not bad - real EV range of Outlander PHEV can be 58,4 km (in mountains) and 60+ in flat area. This depends on driving style (moderate driving promotes autonomy of PHEV).
Here you have timelapse video with 58,4 km of drive in EV mode (with PHEV Box tweak installed to extend range a bit), all in mountains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPu7sLiQ4H4

If I could have continued downhill I am sure I would have reached 98 km real range ;) Unfortunately there was no mine shaft available :D

anko said:
jaapv said:
Coming down from the Passo Gardena got me 98 Km of predicted range. Anyone better? ;)
Come on Jaap. You should know better than confuse predicted range with actual range :eek:

Driving frequently in the Alps, I know that it is usefulness to give some attention to the predicted range, so I never mentioned it and will never mention it ;)

I've just seen the video.
Don't like vertical filming, it's not natural (would you like TV with vertical screen ?).

Anyway, WHERE are the mountains ?? Just seen some hills ;)

jaapv said:
If I could have continued downhill I am sure I would have reached 98 km real range ;) Unfortunately there was no mine shaft available :D

As a dentist jaapv I'm sure you're very aware of the 'First Law of Holes'................namely 'if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging' (or drilling in your case).

;)

JimB

Back