Colour

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its got to be a personal choice, you will probably get 1/3 of the replies saying white and 1/3 say black. (the other 1/3 will try and suggest blue or grey!) They are all right, it is whatever suits you. (I get my black one this Monday and will post pictures as soon as I can) The thing to do is have a look at a couple, not in a shiny showroom under artificial floodlights, but outside. For me, that swung it in favour of the black. (but my last 4 cars have been grey/silver, otherwise I would have been tempted by the grey). All except the grey will highlight dirt pretty quickly so there isn't much to differentiate apart from personal taste IMO.

If you really are ambivalent about the two colours, why not ask your dealer to check stock against the 2 (or more) colours to see if that gets you one earlier? I heard the blue has a longer wait time now - maybe white or black do too - so it could be that helps you get the PHEV sooner and moves the decision from emotional into a practical one?!

Either way, good luck making your choice!

Hi,

I was equally stuck between white and black. Even after looking at both colour cars since both looked great.

In the end, I decided that research had shown that white cars were involved in less accidents than black cars due to improved visibility so that swung it to white. If I had strongly preferred black I would still have gone for black though but as a deciding factor it made sense.

Kind regards,
Mark

avensys said:
.. research had shown that white cars were involved in less accidents than black cars due to improved visibility ...

are they sure it was improved visibility of the white car or are we now in the dangerous topic of the research actually showing "white car owners drive more safely than black car owners"?! :shock: oh, wait, I've ordered black. D@rn! Maybe it was just that "white car owners drive in safer places than black car owners"?! No, that doesn't help me either. Oh dear.

Order a white one.

I have mine in black and think it is great but wouldn't want it to become common!

Why would anyone buy black?? They look like hearses and you have to keep washing & polishing (at least twice a week).

Mine is white and looks like new even though its 3 weeks since we left the showroom (togethor).

I expect owners of Black to rush to agree with me.

Dam I'm still not sure now, I have seen both white and black in the show rooms but still cannot decide. I have the white Kia Sportage at the minute and that looks really nice. They do two white colours which is the best in your opinion is one more of a cream.
Thanks for the responses anyway.

Don't let wattcar pull your leg, you don't have to wash the black any more than the white! If you want it constantly shiny, get a "detailer spray" to use between fortnightly washes, but that goes for both white and black.

You always have the trusted 'heads or tails' coin option!

It sounds like you really don't mind either so why not ask the dealer about availability and resale value see if that tips it? My hunch will be he'd say it's all the same so personal choice.

Good luck!

What colour would you say the Phev is on the following review http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mitsubishi-outlander-phev-real-world-mpg.
Frost White or Pearl White ???

Showard said:
What colour would you say the Phev is on the following review http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mitsubishi-outlander-phev-real-world-mpg.

I would say its frost white, the pearl White is a bit creamier in colour.

On the Dutch forum there have been a number of complaints that black is quite soft and scratches easily in car washes, if you get it protect it with a Waxoil treatment!

Showard said:

That's definitely frost white because that's what I have.

Being as I've ordered a Black PHEV, the whole thing about it being "soft" piques my interest.

Looking up about Waxoyl things though, these seem to be for sealing the chassis from rust, rather than the bodywork paint.

So have I misunderstood somewhere?!

Surely it's the paintwork that needs protecting somehow?

And if anyone has had this done, did they get it done at the dealership or as a third party thing?

Cheers,

Richard.

Having now ordered mine, I thought it was about time I gave lurking and joined in the discussion.

Colour choice for me was easy because I can't have red (sulk, sulk) so went for the white because its the cheapest!

I've also gone for the dealer arranged paint protection because I'm too lazy to keep washing & polishing.

Only real gripe is that the roof rails are flush so that any straps can only go under the clip-on roof bars unlike my Avensis - so less secure?

Ian

rjs104 said:
Being as I've ordered a Black PHEV, the whole thing about it being "soft" piques my interest.

Looking up about Waxoyl things though, these seem to be for sealing the chassis from rust, rather than the bodywork paint.

So have I misunderstood somewhere?!

Surely it's the paintwork that needs protecting somehow?

And if anyone has had this done, did they get it done at the dealership or as a third party thing?

Cheers,

Richard.
Waxoil 100 plus paint sealant , not the underbody protection.
http://waxoyl.com/en/index.php?Bereiche:100_Plus%26nbsp%3B_Lackversiegelung

My dealer insisted and I am quite happy he did.

jaapv said:
To quote the RHS audience: Booooring!! :mrgreen: :lol:

Since we are presumably hoping for a life expectancy of ten years, if not more, out of the car, booooring is probably best. This year's Exciting will almost certainly become seriously tasteless before it heads off to that big scrap yard in the sky!

tun said:
Just to revive this thread a bit.

What's wrong with Atlantic Grey? :)

Nothing at all. In fact hides the dirt and scratches a lot better than black will. ;-)

Back