Great video-review of the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobMarin

I stumbled upon this Mitsubishi Outlander indepth review and thought I'd share it with you guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZpbO0y89FA

Just love the quality and the simplistic approach that this PHEV offers, I think the makers at Mitsubishi really outdid themselves with this model.

Other than the energy saving aspect of the Mitsubishi Outlander, in my opinion the biggest plus for this car is its spaciousness. Just look at the legroom in the back, a smaller person can sleep in there.

Great video.

The open model of Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is awesome, it gets the system that a PHEV uses across to tools like me(as far as cars go). Because before this vid I did't really understand how these hybrids work.

So if the batteries are low and in the middle, because of the battery heaviness, do they add to the torque of a car or subtract?

I love the look of the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV too!

Does anyone know if Mitsubishi will offer other color options for the PHEV interior design and trim besides black? I would love another color.

Ava said:

Does anyone know if Mitsubishi will offer other color options for the PHEV interior design and trim besides black? I would love another color.

Well it will probably depend on which market you are buying the Mitsubishi Outlander itself. For instance in Australia they have:white solid, starlight, cool silver, titanium, copper, sapphire and black.

Oh you meant interior, I misread. I could only Mitsubishi in silver and black interior so far.

Here is some more videos of the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, the first three videos are informecials and the last one is a short press conference media outlet video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ljwNlK3wL-w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HU6G-xaMssE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kYscf8z2h9c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=afLpUR6cHNU

Am I the only one who thinks the infomercials are the way to go for the whole automotive industry, I just don't see the point of making a commercial that has the best sound effects and incredible visuals without the most basic info on the car itself.

Kudos to Mitsubishi on that one and I really hope that they approach all the marketing campaigns this way, because I always have a picture in my head that a PHEV car owner is a rational person and not a whimsical one, so its only logical to give him logical explanation on why the Outlander is the car for him and not some silly ambivalent tagline like "das automobil" or "creatur du automotive" that does't really mean anything.

BobMarin said:
Ava said:

Well it will probably depend on which market you are buying the Mitsubishi Outlander itself. For instance in Australia they have:white solid, starlight, cool silver, titanium, copper, sapphire and black.

Oh you meant interior, I misread. I could only Mitsubishi in silver and black interior so far.

Thanks for the response. I wish they offered more than just black and silver. I can understand not being able to go with dramatic colors because most people aren't going to order them, however, at least add in some different shades of brown or tan at this point.

Ava said:
BobMarin said:
Ava said:

Thanks for the response. I wish they offered more than just black and silver. I can understand not being able to go with dramatic colors because most people aren't going to order them, however, at least add in some different shades of brown or tan at this point.

Well SUV-s generally come in "boring" colors just because they are more family oriented and especially if it is a PHEV like the Outlander is.

I'm pretty sure that Mitsubishi just wants to find the safest way to mass produce and sell a car that is going to earn them money at this point and not a car that is going to target a specific area or market of consumers.

Please be aware that Mike Brewer is sponsored by Mitsubishi and that this "review" is payed for by Mitsubishi.

Back