Detailed operation of the Battery/ICE of the Outlander PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewster

Although this video is in Dutch, (I turn the volume down) this drive shows the many combinations used with the battery & ICE, the adaptive cruise control and the use of the heater.
Although the centre display is larger in size, I prefer to watch the mimic display directly in front of the driver. In a triangular set of Icons (top Left - ICE, Top Right - Battery, Bottom - Wheels)

Some notable examples of the interaction between the battery the ICE and the wheels are shown at the following times:

1. At 1:10 - Centre display shows remaining Electric Range (25km) plus combined ICE + Electric Range (398km)
2. At 2:45 - Auto Stop
3. At 3:20 - Gentle acceleration, energy arrow from Battery to Wheels [Series Mode], then regen coming to stop - energy from wheels to battery
4. At 4:40 - ICE charging Battery and Battery to Wheels [Parallel Mode] briefly.
5. At 5:25 - Again ICE charging Battery and Battery to Wheels [Parallel Mode]
6. At 7:02 - Driver switches on heater, which starts the ICE.
7. At 7:53 - Display now shows EV range at 22km, ICE & EV 403km, Battery 2.9km/kWh, Petrol 3.0l/100km. At which time I think he switched the heater off auto.
8. At 8:15 - Switched the heater back on auto (shown by update at top of centre disply). At 8:25 the ICE fires again for heating (I think)
9. At 8:54 - ICE switches off (Attained set temperature 20deg?)
10. At 10:20 - LDW is activated a couple of times?
11. At 10:33 - Driver sets adaptive cruise control to 122km/hr and adjusts the distance between cars for activation
12. At 11:03 - The car accelerates via ICE directly to wheels to make up the distance to the car in front but not exceeding 122km/hr (ICE is also charging Battery)
As another car drops in the space, the ICE cuts out as the distance is now correct
13. At 13:45 - The car in front moves across and the ICE & Battery together drive the wheels to accelerate up to the set 122km/hr
14. At 13:50 - The Battery assist drops off and now it is just front wheel drive via ICE only
15. At 14:40 - After indicating lane change and slowing, ICE cuts out and Regent from back wheels only to the battery
16. At 15:00 - Assume level or slightly downhill, speed maintained at 122km/hr with Battery to wheels only
17. At 17:13 - Driver activates Battery 'Save' button (to hold the current state of charge in the battery). Now the ICE only delivers the energy to the wheels and the battery
18. At 17:45 - Driver selects Battery 'Charge' button to build up the energy SOC in the battery for future use (I think a maximum of 70%) [Volt/Ampera has a 40% max SOC Mountain Mode setting]
19. At 18:40 - Driver may have switched off the 'Charge' button
20. At 20:13 - Display shows EV range 1km, ICE & EV 395km, Battery 37.9km/kWh, Petrol 4.5l/100km.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqReGkSFW1o

Hope you find this helpful

brewster

Sirlu10ent said:
Can anyone produce avideo that is in english for the PHEV specs test ?

I don't understand what do you mean "by producing the video on spec test", because I am pretty sure nobody is going to take an Outlander and go on a track to make a spec test...

Back