Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Tesla 3 launch
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:50 am 

As it happens I believe that making our economies less environment-destructive can only strengthen them long-term.

Instyle+ 2013
Titanium Grey
Off-white leather
Body kit
Protection kit
TPMS
Skidplates

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:07 am 

jaapv wrote:
As it happens I believe that making our economies less environment-destructive can only strengthen them long-term.

In the long term, perhaps - but we have some very serious short term problems and we need to address them now in order to have the money to be able to address the long term problems later.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:01 am 

I understand why those of you who go off-road, or carry lots of cargo, or regularly go long distances would not consider an electric vehicle ( for the foreseeable future).

But I do not go off-road, I do not carry lots of cargo and I have other cars for really long distance travel. I use my PHEV as an urban commuter vehicle with some medium range trips to clients, shops, clubs etc. All of my current use could easily be done in an electric vehicle such as the Tesla 3.
Just because I think this would work for me does not mean I think it would work for everyone.
So if your personal use does not fit the profile for a tesla 3 then stop trying to discredit the vehicle, you do sound a lot like those who try to discredit the PHEV just because the diesel version suits their personal use better.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:18 pm 

I don't see any vehicle that can do everything, specially for everybody all the time.
For me, the choice of the Phev was because it ticket more of the boxes than any other car (fossil or Ev) at the time
If the tesla 3 had been available it would have ticked a few more. And missed on some others. As others had said, if it existed her in the UK and I could afford a X, I would have looked

I put down my deposit on a 3 the morning after the launch.
In 2 (or 3) years, when it actually exists, I will decide at that time how close it (or any other of the promised cars from Audi, porches or anyone else) are suitable to my needs and budget (and hmrc Rules)

If the other half wins the lottery perhaps I might get her to buy me a model X p100d
But most likely is that I hope to be able to afford a mid spec model 3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:08 pm 

maby wrote:
jaapv wrote:
MartinH wrote:
maby, with your willingness to help saving the planet, and your way of thinking, you do not have to tell us that you are 60+ :lol:
To us 60+ saving the planet has not much relevance any more - it is the younger generation that should be worried.

If I thought that anything I could do would make a measurable contribution towards "saving the planet", I would seriously consider it. However, it seems clear to me that every commercially extractable gallon of hydrocarbon is going to be burned - by the Third World, if not by us - so I don't see the purpose of wrecking our economies just to let us feel smug.

Whilst such cynicism is understandable, it is the cumulative insignificant actions of individuals that DO have an effect - especially on urban air quality here in the UK, which apparently kills lots of over-60s every year :(

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:32 pm 

Hi everyone

That's it i've done it after 3 years of waiting I've ordered my Model 3. Can't wait for delivery.
If anyone is interested you can use my referral code here - Free 5000 miles of Supercharging
It gives you (and me) 5000 miles of free supercharging for 6 months if ordered before 28/5/19.
My wife will be taking the PHEV.

Herbie