Mercedes C350e Plug-in Hybrid

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tun

It looks impressive!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/mercedes-c350e-first-drive-2015-03-23

What do you all think?

no mention of EV range - I would guess that it is no better than the Outlander.

maby said:

I think I read it somewhere that the EV range is around 19 miles.

tun said:
maby said:

That figures - once again just enough to come out of the EU running cost tests with figures that dodge lots of taxes.

tun said:
maby said:

With 280bhp - 0-60 in 5.9 seconds... :shock:

Best of both worlds

Driver5 said:
tun said:
maby said:

With 280bhp - 0-60 in 5.9 seconds... :shock:

Best of both worlds

Provided you don't buy it believing the 19 miles and thinking you are getting an EV!

So in essence, this is a "faster" Prius plug-in :) I guess Toyota is going to up their game otherwise London streets will be filled with the Merc C350e :)

Check this out :)

https://mbnetworknews.co.uk/Portals/0/Users/047/47/47/NN%20ID%202429%20-%20Attachment%201%20-%20C%20350%20e%20Sport%20Product%20Guide.pdf

If the leasing costs are as competitive as mercs usually are, this looks like a winner.

Edit: wow, depending on lease company the rates are very similar to the 4h, and circa £50 a month more with all the bells and whistles.

Interesting that they offer a 6 year warranty on the batteries - suggests that actual experience with hybrids shows that battery life is longer than expected. :D

Also, makes the Volvo look expensive :eek:

It's got my vote. Subject to NHS leasing quote my order will be going in this week. All the benefits of the Outlander (4wd aside), but none of the downsides, and a lot more oomph. That said, it it is much more expensive I'll still go for the 4h.

So it's going to cost me £120 per month more than the gx4h to lease through work, which I can't justify. It's beautiful, but I'll have the best part of 5000 reasons to prefer the Mitsubishi over 3 years. I'll just have to remind myself of that when I try to use the satnav.

The merc is relatively cheap to lease, but the Mitsubishi is just crazy cheap at the moment, pre facelift.

Back