Hyundai Ioniq

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypermiler

We stumbled upon the Hyundai ioniq which is supposed to be arriving in dealers next month. Range about 160 miles I think, caveat caveat! OH is considering one of these rather than waiting for the tesla...
H

Update - we ordered an all electric ioniq in December for delivery march/April to replace our Prius. Also have a deposit down on a tesla model 3. Outlander is being used more for towing now and still very pleased with it.
H

I too ordered an all-electric Ioniq back in December, to replace my Outlander Phev when the lease expires next month.

Tried the Kia Optima Phev as well before I ordered the Ioniq, but the Kia had stupid boot space (battery encroachment), no folding rear seats, no pre-heating and no Apple car play. I shall miss the app to control pre-heat on the Ioniq, but at least I can still set timers so the car is defrosted and warm when I begin my morning commute.

I would have gone for a 2017 Outlander, but the lease deals just weren't there at the time.

Hypermiler said:
Update - we ordered an all electric ioniq in December for delivery march/April to replace our Prius. Also have a deposit down on a tesla model 3. Outlander is being used more for towing now and still very pleased with it.
H
Are you starting a collection?

Well, we put down the tesla model 3 deposit on release day but not sure how long it will take to get to us... so oh decided he couldn't wait that long - will see how ioniq goes, might become my run around to replace phev eventually (but only if we have a horse wagon and motor home by then) - that would be a collection!
H

I was planning on a Tesla Model 3 next, but never quite got round to putting a deposit down.... Now very happy that I didn't, as I wouldn't consider it until January 2021 at the earliest (mind you, on 'Tesla-timescale' that's looking about right for the first RHD deliveries :shock: ); and possibly not until January 2025 :( :(
Now where's that I-Pace brochure I was looking at :?:

Maybe anko! But I was careful to put the brackets around the 'Tesla-timescale' part; my four-year decision-making hesitancy is due to an entirely different matter :lol: :lol:

Quick update. Oh is delighted with his ioniq. 130+mile range (summer), charges for free at work every day, lots of gadgets, sports mode is fun. In case anyone thinking of one. However, popularity means a long wait - I would think 2018 delivery...
H

Back