What's up with the forum?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manor

It's been more down than up lately.
I haven't read any explanation (perhaps I just missed it...), but more than I have had problems entering the forum.

/Manor

It's not just this forum - as all the myelectriccarforums.com sites such as this one (plus BMW, Tesla et al) are all hosted from the same server. It may be a conspiracy by ICE drivers to hack into our servers and try to stop the EV revolution! :eek:

Strangely, when this Forum is down other forums on the same server are still accessible. That suggests a database error on this specific forum.
Anyway, it is down so often and for so long that I am sure it is harming the forum as people lose interest.

Out of interest this post appeared on the BMWi3 forum hosted on this server.

Hi All,

We've had big problems with the server this past week or so, and have come to the conclusion we need to move to a new web host. Our current web host is not easy to deal with, and unwilling to tell us why the site is unavailable for large periods of the day - they keep saying it's the site's problem, and I've had an independent party look at it and says it's a server resource allocation problem.

We are working on moving the forum to a new server, and that will happen sometime in the next few days. In the meantime, the site will be up and down as it has been the last day or two. Sorry for the trouble!

Techie: The server has available memory under these 'heavy load' times, but even still, shows nginx bad gateway errors. Even though the server stats show memory is available, the server is having problems running processes/allocation memory, likely because the webhost has oversold server resources on our vps server.

Mike

The last few days have been difficult to access the forum. Time outs seem to be the go.

Not just work on the NBN locally causing the problem, as other web sites are not affected.

Back