Anyone going for another one?!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am getting quite close to my lease end mileage so won't be long until the renewal process could be initiated by my company.

I have been trying to get out of Mitsubishi more info when the 2019 will be available but best they can say is end Autumn start of Winter!

That may be too late for me and no way would I buy a PHEV like my current one if it meant missing out on the new one by a hair width.

Its déjà vu for me, last time I had done all my test drives and was just about to order a Hyundai IX35 when the PHEV came out and I just managed to get a test drive and order in time (being leaned on by my company to order something).

I could also end up in the position of ordering a car I have not test driven which would be a first for me and something I don't like the idea of one bit (once ordered I am stuck with it for 4 years and 100K miles)

Similar for me Bob. My 4 year lease is up in November, my window for ordering opens early in May, and by July I'll be expected to have ordered, so probably either a 2018 Outlander PHEV or a VW Passat GTE. However, I'm waiting on news of the 2019 Outlander PHEV and also the new Volvo V60 PHEV, both of which I believe are due towards the end of the year. I expect I'll be able to delay for a few months and keep my current 64 plate until early 2019, but I could really do with some firm plans!

Looks interesting :mrgreen:

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/first-official-pictures/mitsubishi/mitsubishi-outlander-phev-my2019-news-info-tech-spec-pictures-prices/

https://youtu.be/skviPv9q7SE

Interesting 'Sport' mode button visible at 2:20 in the video. Anyone know what this is planned to do (presumably nothing like 'ludicrous' mode in a Tesla :) )?

ChrisMiller said:
Interesting 'Sport' mode button visible at 2:20 in the video. Anyone know what this is planned to do (presumably nothing like 'ludicrous' mode in a Tesla :) )?

Did they replace the EV mode button with Sport mode button ? I can't see the new EV mode button introduced some time ago

Anyhow ... with the amount of power/weight in our PHEV ... "sport" most be a different meaning then pure acceleration performance.

In my view it would be nice to have active suspension .. for rise up the car in case need (off road).. and lower down on normal daily drive for have better economy and better "traction" in the turns

Anyhow ... I don't plan to change my PHEV in the next 5 years ... I'm after making economic sense for my acquisition, and price for 2nd hand PHEV are still sinking "quickly"

I'm not thinking of replacing mine, but if I were, I'd have to think hard about it. Mitsu have ditched their relationship with my local dealer, so that's a 35 mile drive to Colchester or Chigwell if I want it serviced at a Mitsu dealer now. Not really acceptable in the heavily populated South-East of England. It seems the way of many brands now. Skoda left the Ford dealer at Rayleigh, it seems we'll be having to drive to the continent soon, if things carry on like this. Or buy a Ford.

One of my justifications for moving house from Sarf to Norf Lundun is to be closer to the Hendon dealer! :lol:

elm70 said:
ChrisMiller said:

Did they replace the EV mode button with Sport mode button ? I can't see the new EV mode button introduced some time ago

Anyhow ... with the amount of power/weight in our PHEV ... "sport" most be a different meaning then pure acceleration performance.

In my view it would be nice to have active suspension .. for rise up the car in case need (off road).. and lower down on normal daily drive for have better economy and better "traction" in the turns

Anyhow ... I don't plan to change my PHEV in the next 5 years ... I'm after making economic sense for my acquisition, and price for 2nd hand PHEV are still sinking "quickly"

It looks to me like its a 3-mode button. I think it'll switch between Sport, Snow & 4WD Lock. The EV Button remains further back behind it

I'm the same - 3 year lease up in Nov, so need to order probably in September.

My options are another 4HS, Double-Cab pick up, or Passatt GTE Estate.

I like the Passatt, but the Mrs doesn't.

The pick-up is less refined, but still ticks the BIK box.

Another 4HS is looking likely (2019 model) but waiting to see the final spec. I'd imagine with the normal 4HS having more LED lights, and better interior leather, the 5HS might be more difficult to justify now. And I think the launch date of the 5HS is usually February time - so a little late for me.

The new model looks to have matrix style LED main beam, which will be good - although I don't like the new wheels. Interestingly, the show model was presented with Yokohama tyres on - maybe moved on from Toyo now?

The only thing that would change this, would be if MB or BMW launched the Tourer version of the 530E or E-Class. The saloons are great and also on lease hire are quite reasonable. I like the Volvo V90 T8, but all Volvo Hybrids are quite dear, and don't really seem competitive on price.

StevieB said:
elm70 said:
ChrisMiller said:

It looks to me like its a 3-mode button. I think it'll switch between Sport, Snow & 4WD Lock. The EV Button remains further back behind it

'Sport' is quite amusing, be the same as pressing the charge button I suppose, keep the engine running at high revs to have maximum extra power to hand? Maybe sharpen the throttle and steering response too?... still I can't see it working as a Police Interceptor just yet! :lol:

'Snow' would be hugely helpful if it disabled the ABS too, the PHEV (as are a lot of cars) more dangerous with ABS on snow than without. Sometimes you need the wheels to dam up a bit and dig in, the abs just won't let it making that last bit of stopping near impossible.

With my car new for renewal around November, I've been looking at options. With large family car and low BIK my priorities, it was looking like another Outlander PHEV or the VW Passat GTE PHEV. But I've been checking out Volvo.....they are due to release their V60 PHEV (estate) and XC40 PHEV (SUV) in December this year in the UK. The larger XC60 PHEV (SUV) is already available but outside of my price bracket. Had a good look at the XC40 (diesel) in a showroom this weekend.....a very nice car, surprisingly only a little smaller than the Outlander, very comfortable and feels very high quality. I think I may be switching come December.......sorry Mitsubishi, I've been very happy with my Outlander PHEV for four years but it's time to move on!

DrSlackBladder said:
With my car new for renewal around November, I've been looking at options. With large family car and low BIK my priorities, it was looking like another Outlander PHEV or the VW Passat GTE PHEV. But I've been checking out Volvo.....they are due to release their V60 PHEV (estate) and XC40 PHEV (SUV) in December this year in the UK. The larger XC60 PHEV (SUV) is already available but outside of my price bracket. Had a good look at the XC40 (diesel) in a showroom this weekend.....a very nice car, surprisingly only a little smaller than the Outlander, very comfortable and feels very high quality. I think I may be switching come December.......sorry Mitsubishi, I've been very happy with my Outlander PHEV for four years but it's time to move on!

The XC40 does look cracking.

I’m currently hoping to get the pure BEV version (to replace a diesel Skoda, not my precious Outlander, which I’m intending to run into the ground) when it comes out next year.

I tried to press Mitsubishi UK on when the 2019 PHEV would be available in the metal but they can't say much, to be expected as meanwhile they still want to shift current models.

"later end of Autumn/Winter" is all we know.

But I wouldn't dream of ordering one of the current ones and missing out on the new one by maybe weeks, not when I would be stuck with it for 3 years.

currently our lease quoting system is in a total mess with the change over to the WLTP emission tests under way ready for September. Cars are disappearing, reappearing, disappearing again..

Its impossible to make a good comparision or choice.

Worse still, if a vehicle is tested under WLTP, for tax purposes they have to use the older NEDC value but that is now a 'virtual value' reverse calculated from the WLTP. This formula is working out badly with some models CO2 rising by up to 20%, this moves them 5% up the BIK table and costs loads more to own.

An example is the Mercedes GLC, one day it was rated 128g/km, the next day, same car, same engine but now 161g/km :shock:

Worse, the government have made no announcement about what they will do when we switch to using the WLTP numbers in September which are all higher than the NEDC ones, shifting the company car tax higher on every car sold. Of course the BIK table needs readjusting but I have a nasty suspicion the government will do nothing and just pocket a few billions of extra tax.

So I am giving up and will wait it out/stall, I know our company isn't bothered about over-running the lease a while if needed. Various new models coming later in the year - particularly interested to see how the CRV hybrid (non-plug in will perform for example), also the Tucson mild hybrid, etc, and of course the 2019 Outlander.

STOP -PRESS - GLC is on worldwide recall to have emission cheating software removed! knew it!

Well after a change in company car policy, the Volvo XC60 T8 became available to me, so I've gone and ordered one. Expected delivery November/December.

Certainly I've enjoyed owning the Outlander PHEV for the last four years, but the lack of built in SatNav in the 2019 models, the inferior performance and rather dated interior (albeit with lower BIK) have convinced me to pay a little more each month and jump ship to Volvo.

It was about four years ago I was reading up everything I could on the Outlander PHEV, and waiting with excitement for my delivery. I joined this forum and learned a great deal.....a good bunch of generally very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable people.

So keep on hypermiling, good luck, and who knows, in another four years I may be back!

Current lease on a 2014 Gx3h ends in October and just signed up on a lease for the new 2.4l phev (4hs this time so a few more toys).

Lease prices are quite a bit higher than the £275 a month I've been paying but think part of that is the £2500 reduction in government grant plus the addition of tax. Having said that I got a price, fully maintained, on the new 4hs that is £40 cheaper per month than quite a few companies are offering the old one at without maintenance and only 6 months up front.

Had a good look around at alternatives (not necessarily hybrids) but being on the tall side I discounted most of them. The XC60 would have been the go to car but it was too small inside, Merc GLC the dash impeded the driving position too much, BMW x3 was ok. Skoda Kodiaq looked good but pretty basic on the options and prices soon ramp up when you add them. Considered the Stelvio but need reliability. Like the look of the upcoming new Toyota RAV4 hybrid but dates don't work so at the moment the only car that works for me and makes sense with the hybrid engine is the outlander.

Have to say have, other than a problem with the front seat stitching splitting at the side bolster (4 times now!) it's been 4 years completely trouble free motoring.

TallPaul said:
Current lease on a 2014 Gx3h ends in October and just signed up on a lease for the new 2.4l phev (4hs this time so a few more toys).

Lease prices are quite a bit higher than the £275 a month I've been paying but think part of that is the £2500 reduction in government grant plus the addition of tax. Having said that I got a price, fully maintained, on the new 4hs that is £40 cheaper per month than quite a few companies are offering the old one at without maintenance and only 6 months up front.

Had a good look around at alternatives (not necessarily hybrids) but being on the tall side I discounted most of them. The XC60 would have been the go to car but it was too small inside, Merc GLC the dash impeded the driving position too much, BMW x3 was ok. Skoda Kodiaq looked good but pretty basic on the options and prices soon ramp up when you add them. Considered the Stelvio but need reliability. Like the look of the upcoming new Toyota RAV4 hybrid but dates don't work so at the moment the only car that works for me and makes sense with the hybrid engine is the outlander.

Have to say have, other than a problem with the front seat stitching splitting at the side bolster (4 times now!) it's been 4 years completely trouble free motoring.

That is brave without actually trying one. Not something I could ever do. I know the 'new' one is just a revision of the current one and should be a bit better in all respects.

But if the seat has been reshaped and uncomfortable for your body shape or something... Its still a possible choice for me but I will wait for a drive. It can't be too far away as there was some report of batches arriving here recently I think.

As to the others, during a Topgear when they had Stelvio, XC60 and a Velar which they ragged really hard across country, the Stelvio was faultless, the XC60 broke its suspension twice!

BobEngineer said:
It can't be too far away as there was some report of batches arriving here recently I think.
They had one out front at The Firs in Hook Norton today. Told the salesman I'd be looking in about 6 months when the first used management cars start to come around !

ps44 said:
BobEngineer said:
It can't be too far away as there was some report of batches arriving here recently I think.
They had one out front at The Firs in Hook Norton today. Told the salesman I'd be looking in about 6 months when the first used management cars start to come around !

That's encouraging test drives can't be far away. I am waiting to see how the pricing works out, they are on our lease site but not properly quotable yet (I think it needs an initial CAP residual forecast for it to calculate sensibly)

Back